Plexi Quarter Windows

Hi Guys and Gals, along with the G-nose headlight covers I make, I now am offering plexi quarter windows for 240/260/280Z cars. The plastic is crack proof and is available in clear and dark tint. I make them in OE size as a slide-in replacement in the quarter window frame gaskets and also sized to fill the entire recess and eliminate the frames such as for competition cars.  I'm asking $70USD/pair and $30 covers the shipping to Australia. Feel free to email me anytime at: mclapp5526@gmail.com if you have questions.
Thanks,
Mark Clapp

post-4010-144023801388_thumb.jpg

post-4010-144023801394_thumb.jpg

post-4010-1440238014_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Clapp

• Administrators

Ohhh very cool. The original PS30-SB (A.K.A 432-R) either had or had the option of plexiglass side windows.

10c04328a2.jpg

0f1ab55677.jpg

b063112f17.jpg

Hi Biscuitballs, I made the molds straight from OE quarter glass pieces so the curvature is right on in each direction. Sorry, but I don't have any photos of them installed into frames yet. It's amazing how much lighter they are than the glass so they would be a nice weight savings.

Brabham, I just use the word plexi generically but I make all my parts using PETG.  It is clearer and more pliable than lexan (polycarbonate/Makrolon), which does crack over time. This plastic can actually be folded flat back onto itself and while it creases, it does not crack. It is also more scratch resistant than even hard-coated lexan but the best part is that it is 1/4 the price of hard-coated lexan.  That is how I can offer them affordably.  The tinted material I have is also crack proof and has around 50% light transmittance so it is a little darker than what you'd call "smoked" but you can see through it fine and it definitely cuts the heat from sunlight.  The plastic has a terrific luster that looks more like glass than plastic as you can see in the photos. It is 1/8" thickness, same as the OE glass.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

Hi Evolutionise, I was told by the plastic manufacturer (Bayer MaterialScience) that the clear plastic could take round the clock sunlight for several years before showing any signs of wear.  The tinted plastic would most likely always look the same.  I've kept in touch with guys in Texas and Florida (deep south) for years and they say they've had no problems with pieces I've made for them even with cars that are not garaged.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp