Classic car bubble

d3c0y

• Administrators
10 hours ago, JDM-TOY said:

A 13B Bridge port Turbo would make me smile hahah

I'm gonna keep it stock ports, bridgeport is too "Western" Sydney for my tastes lol..

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JDM-TOY said:

Hahaha dont hurt my feeling Cuzzzz

Also rotary's consume fuel like a V8 before you increase overlap via port work. Good for a track car and early turbo spool, but I think it makes them a pig in traffic with high idle and the noise etc.. :).

11 minutes ago, gav240z said:

Also rotary's consume fuel like a V8 before you increase overlap via port work. Good for a track car and early turbo spool, but I think it makes them a pig in traffic with high idle and the noise etc.. :).

I think Peripheral porting for a street 13B T is a good option. Bridgeport definitely is over kill for street but it sounds amazing and yes crazy on fuel

3 hours ago, gav240z said:

why worry about fuel comsumption when it spend most of its time at the mechanic :P

On 7/27/2021 at 10:43 AM, gav240z said:

Ohhh the noise. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Haha, yeah I watched that the other day. Does make me wonder if certain people are manipulating values of specific cars. I have heard of that going on with the GTR market in Japan for example.

Worth watching..

21 hours ago, brent012 said:

Tangentially related, but makes you wonder who is buying some of these record value cars.

Auction houses influencing the market and fanning speculation? Sounds like Hagerty is guilty.... they are putting out some very good quality YouTube content of late, I think this would definitely qualify as fanning speculation...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, sidedraught said:

Great video Gav.

For me, the video shows that any kind of bubble is often potentially grounded in some truths. But it is also based on a bunch of assumptions about the future.

I do think the true Unicorns, like 400r and Z-Tune, Spirit R or Type RZ and the older 70s models like the 2000gt and 432-R and early Savanna Rotary coupes etc.. will be a safe bet.. but will all the lower spec models perform the same?

Interesting they quoted Spirit R at $170k in future. But people have already been asking that for them on CarSales in last 6 months.

And SP version sold at auction for similar not long ago.

I also got a bit irked when they referred to 432R as a Datsun. Not a Nissan Fairlady Z432-R..

14 hours ago, JDM-TOY said:

Hey guys just wanted to see what everyone's opinion is on the 2008 Honda Civic Type R FD2 as a future collectors car. 

There would be a case for the FD2 being a future collectors car, last NA, rev to 9k civic type r. 

I think if you’re looking at Honda’s in that price range you’d have to consider the FK8 civic type r and dc2 ITR. I think the DC2 Integra Type R would be the best collectors car. All these cars are in the 50k bracket. 

Though in terms of price growth the DC5 ITR/S is still very cheap and worth a look. Albeit it is not quite as lauded as the DC2.

Edited by 240ZBUILTBYME

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, 240ZBUILTBYME said:

I think the DC2 Integra Type R would be the best collectors car. All these cars are in the 50k bracket. 

DC2 all the way, that's the best 1 to buy and hold.