Classic car bubble

d3c0y

• Administrators
6 hours ago, JDM-TOY said:

It may never be matching numbers again but I find this car even more interesting because of its history.

This is why I like putting together the HS30 registry / gallery / albums because they help us out together the gaps and sometimes track down missing cars.

It would be very satisfying to find where HS30 00003 is for example..

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JDM-TOY said:

My brain hurts looking at these prices. Please dont.....

The M-spec NUR (Silver car) may not have sold. Sometimes ads get taken down because they become stale after a while and so sometimes they resurface or finance falls over etc.. so just because it's placed on hold doesn't mean it's actually sold.

With regard to GTRs I've noticed quite a few cars listed have had recent price drops. Sydney lockdown and other states etc.. must be having some kind of impact on people's finances and without JobKeeper/JobSeeker and early access to Super like last year I'd say stimulus money is somewhat running dry...

However access to home equity to buy shiny things may still be a thing for some... I must admit I contemplated it momentarily, but decided perhaps not a good idea. I feel R34 prices may have topped out for a while , but I thought that about house prices 10 years ago.. egg on my face.

12 hours ago, AndBir said:

If the production and use of petrol vehicles falls dramatically I wonder what the impact on petrol prices will be. Will less demand result in higher overall cost of production per litre and/or refineries closing?

I’ve always wondered the same thing. Eventually there will only be petrol enthusiast cars on the road if the government doesn’t outlaw them altogether. Which I doubt they will do. The emissions from enthusiast cars only would be nothing. So I imagine only a few companies will still bother manufacturing it. Wonder what the $/Litre cost will be...

on another note. Go and buy all the 924/944s. They’re about to double in value...

an entertaining video

14 hours ago, JDM-TOY said:

Let’s hope porsches synthetic fuel venture pays off...

16 hours ago, AndBir said:

If the production and use of petrol vehicles falls dramatically I wonder what the impact on petrol prices will be. Will less demand result in higher overall cost of production per litre and/or refineries closing?

Who knows whats happening to this world. We should be expecting a fart levy to be introduced soon

• Administrators
5 hours ago, 240ZBUILTBYME said:

I’ve always wondered the same thing. Eventually there will only be petrol enthusiast cars on the road if the government doesn’t outlaw them altogether. Which I doubt they will do. The emissions from enthusiast cars only would be nothing. So I imagine only a few companies will still bother manufacturing it. Wonder what the $/Litre cost will be...

on another note. Go and buy all the 924/944s. They’re about to double in value...

an entertaining video

For along while i've felt that 944s are undervalued in particular.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, hmd said:

because Porsche owners are obsessed with 911.

How many time have I told you to buy a 944 turbo (951).

I've got something better, it's also German in origin (Wankel) but it gives me twice the hassles! :).

But it's worth it..

• 2 weeks later...

Well after taking the GTIR out yesterday having some fun on my way to get some Tabuli for lunch, ended blowing the turbo after hitting it in second gear. Need to rebuild the Garrett 3075 R --- Another 1!

Thanks Gavin you really geed me up last time hahaha