Classic car bubble

d3c0y

• 2 weeks later...

Shannons Spring Online Timed Auction features a 1987 Nissan Skyline GTS-R HR31 Coupe. It’s all factory standard and all the better for it. There is just nothing to fault, and with only 823 manufactured in total – 23 prototypes, 800 production cars – for the world market, you are unlikely to run into another one. And even if you do, it won’t be as good as this. 

Bidding for the online-only auction opens 11th November and closes 18th November 2020. Register to bid now.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2949568741998972&id=499953433351077

Edited by JDM-TOY

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, smugley said:

Standard VH Commodores are going for around $50k right now, however).

Lol, that right thar is yar problem.

I don't think any of the current madness can last. But I've been wrong for longer than I care to admit.

I gave up waiting for affordable housing.

Pink three bedroom fibro house in Putney overlooking Parramatta river sold last weekend for just under $4million. Knockdown and rebuild is like buying a rusty shell for 30k.

Edited by TOO60Z

1 hour ago, TOO60Z said:

Pink three bedroom fibro house in Putney overlooking Parramatta river sold last weekend for just under $4million. Knockdown and rebuild is like buying a rusty shell for 30k.

Madddnesssss. Lucky the lending requirements are going to be eased by our beloved federal treasurer later this year. More madddnessss

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, JDM-TOY said:

Madddnesssss. Lucky the lending requirements are going to be eased by our beloved federal treasurer later this year. More madddnessss

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TOO60Z said:

Yeah but it was a rare pink colour.

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/sydney-boom-old-fibro-house-on-coveted-block-sells-for-nearly-4m-832000-over-reserve/

With matching no.s

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Not an article, but a Youtube Channel I subscribe to, because they do immaculate restoration work on classic JDMs yo!

and 400R restoration.

Some folks are spending big pocket money to get these cars spot on.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting, but no surprises there.

Yet if you recall about this time last year a certain new forum member was loudly and persistently proclaiming that our beloved hobby cars can't be worth anything like the advertised asking prices as they're only Datsuns after all. Also saying that by year's end car values will have crashed thanks to pandemic-induced panic selling and he'll have the pick of the crop for a bargain. He couldn't have been more wrong.