Gordo takes over the Peter Mac Build.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally mounted the motor and gear box this weekend.. That’s  probably the easiest part.  I spent a lot of time putting the wiring harness and all plugins in the best possible positions. The headers as you can imagine take up a lot of engine bay room and some wiring is difficult to run.  The next couple of weeks I’ll try and fit up tail shaft,  exhaust system,  steering column and all the other accessories.

E3019C75-6C03-4438-9B87-439111F8FCF0.jpeg

AF09F9D5-84B7-440B-8A03-1EBB8FF403EC.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I thought reading though some threads it’s hard to put it all into perspective what’s going on.

A few short videos may make it easier to see what’s going on. So I’ll do my very amateur best to put some together.

First one while it’s on the hoist ,  is what’s been done down under (underneath)

Edited by gav240z
[Sorry Gordo I had to remove the attached video].- It was buggering up a process. Please upload to Youtube and reference here.

• 7 months later...
  • Administrators
On 4/11/2020 at 8:31 AM, Gordo said:

So I thought reading though some threads it’s hard to put it all into perspective what’s going on.

A few short videos may make it easier to see what’s going on. So I’ll do my very amateur best to put some together.

First one while it’s on the hoist ,  is what’s been done down under (underneath)

DEB2E3AB-DDB7-407C-8F8A-0A17B40BE26B.MOV

Hey Gordo,

The video attached in this post is quite large and causing some background task issues for the community software. When we have the Christmas BBQ let's chat about this in person. Even though we are now using Cloud storage which has done away with some limits on file sizes it looks like video has the potential to just be too large for what the website server is capable of handling (in short term memory).

Long story short, I'd recommend uploading this content to Youtube and then publishing a link here (embedded) video into the forum thread for best results.

PS: None of this is your fault or anything done wrong, just something to do with our infrastructure limitations. :).

• 1 month later...

So the LS is going and I’m loving the extra power. Had a few track days now, Nov and Dec 2020. Still getting used to the power and gearbox. The gear ratios aren’t ideal , but with lots of taqué you car get around it. The last run this year was at Phillip Island. Where else haha.  Was a Porsche and msca combined club day. Take a look at some of my in car video. The car always handled quite well. But the extra power takes it to the next level. And the sound is awesome.

Edited by gav240z
Embed video correctly

On 12/27/2020 at 8:47 PM, Cozza said:

Sounds awesome and looks like bags of fun!! You must be stoked Gordo  

Were there any Porkas that could keep you honest on the day?

it looks like some were quick but not as confident through the corners. 

Yer spot on Cozza. A lot of the Porsche guys are gentlemen racers and gave me plenty of room.    great cars straight from factory. I’m sure with committed drivers I would be moving over for them. I was third fastest out of 140 cars. One guy in a GT3RS was 5 seconds quicker.  Was so much fun.