Group Buy: - 240z tail light trims.

gav240z

• Administrators

Can I get a nay or yay for where we want to order from?

MSA - full length mounting pins.

or

Randy's offering with the shorter mounting pin in the middle and fasteners in the kit?

I haven't approached MSA yet to see if they will do a group buy discount but if that's the kit we want I'll gladly ask them?

• Administrators

So I got a reply from MSA on the rear tail light chrome trims.

Unfortunately the vendor of whom we order these Tail Light Trim Sets does not allow any sort of discount for anyone. We apologize for the inconvenience. Had it been any other vendor we most likely could have accommodated you to some extent. We apologize again. Have a great day.

So unfortunately the only savings would be via shipping..Which we would likely have to split in 2 anyway because otherwise we'll go over the $1000 AUD limit for imported goods.

Does this make Randy's pair more appealing?

Hi Gav.

Im going to place a pretty substantial order with MSA in the next couple of months so I can either drop out or stay in .....whatever benefits the group.

• Administrators

Ok so just to wrap this up.

I'm probably going to purchase a set or 2 for myself, but given that MSA can't do a discount it seems a group buy is probably not worth the effort I'm afraid.

Unless of course people want to go for Randy's set with the shorter center post and we can get 10 confirmed?

• Administrators

Personally if I'm paying that much I want it to work without messing with it.

I feel the same, hence I'd like to go with the MSA offering, just wondering what others think?

• Administrators

No problem, nothing ventured nothing gained. I originally thought I'd refurbish my pair locally but I think the reproduction makes more sense even though I prefer to recycle stuff and retain OEM myself.

• 6 months later...
  • Administrators

Hi Everyone,

Just ordered a bunch of these in, I am estimating they will be about $175 AU + postage (at a guess $12 anywhere in Australia). Which I think is not bad considering I was quoted $160 to re-chrome the originals and the pins often break when removing them, plus you would need to still paint the centers black. (Post them out etc..).

If you're interested let me know? Going to import a few to start with and if everyone is happy and there is more demand will import more again.

I expect them to arrive around Feb 2nd at this stage.

• Administrators

Oh dear, I just ordered 5 pairs of trims too so there will be a lot for sale.  : :)

Don't flood the market LOL! I actually wanted to buy more but total in USD was going to push them > $1000 AUD. Which attracts GST / Import duties etc..

But yeah because of the cost of shipping 1 item buying in bulk makes sense. I plan to bring in some reproduction 5 speed knobs also for the same reason.