Group Buy: - 240z tail light trims.

gav240z

• Administrators

Hi Guys,

I've been in contact with the seller here.

http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/50787-better-than-new-240z-taillight-trim/

post-17919-0-64593500-1421346619_thumb.jpg

If we order 10 sets of these we can get them at $110 USD a pair instead of the $130 USD regular price.

I got a quote for re-chroming originals and it was going to be $165 AU locally 2 week wait, no fasteners and if your mounting pins are busted, well stiff you know what!

You also have to factor in $165 + postage both ways and flat black paint (another $10-$15) so in my opinion this is the best option out there and apparently if you read the hype the chrome finish will be more durable than the older technique.

I'm happy to help organise this, I'd buy 10 pairs have them sent to me in Sydney and then use Auspost to send to you, I'm going to guess that the price would be max $12 Australia wide insured.

Can I get an expression of interest? If this goes ahead I'll probably ask that you pay up front via PayPal or Bank Deposit (whatever works best for you!) and we may need to split the postage into 2 lots to avoid the total value being over $1000 AU. I haven't finalised this detail yet.

At this stage just looking for interested parties, I'm not making any money out of this. Simply doing it as a service to the community. Whatever it costs me is what it will cost you.

1. Gav240z

2. d3c0y

3. stavros240

4. zed74 x2 sets

5. shaun240

6. ackent1

7. KatoKid

8. George

Only 1 set to go.

• Administrators

Ok great, but just so you're all aware the center post on these may not be long enough. Just trying to get clarification on that now.

http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/50787-better-than-new-240z-taillight-trim/#entry471160

• Administrators

haha no, I still want seller to confirm the center post (pin) is long enough to clip housing and lens together. As you can see on the Classiczcars.com thread Dr. 240z wasn't happy about that.

If that issue is still unresolved the MSA ones might be the better option. In which case I'll check if everyone is still in.

• Administrators

Great worst case scenario you may need to extend the center pin a bit like someone has done here.

IMG_20150604_200454.jpg

IMG_20150604_200459.jpg

It feels like a hard plastic glue and it's stuck on pretty well. Anyone care to have a guess as to what it might be?

• Administrators

I've used Q-Bond in the past, it might be worth a try. It's pretty expensive but I have the stuff already.

I need to order some stuff through MSA so i could run that one if you like.

I have like a $2000 order with msa at the moment. Would probably cost next to no extra postage to send a dozen of these with my bumpers and spoilers..

• Administrators

I have like a $2000 order with msa at the moment. Would probably cost next to no extra postage to send a dozen of these with my bumpers and spoilers..

I'm happy to do either vendor to be honest. The eBay Randy fella has said that the center stalk on his are a bit short. But his has the fasteners. I don't think finding replacement push nuts will be too difficult so if everyone is happy to go MSA route I'm down with that also.

• Administrators

Bump

Want to keep this top of mind and make it happen. Before people start to bail as usually happens.

Anymore interest?

• Administrators

So after reading all of the above sounds like we want the MSA ones anyway?

Yeah I think so, we can source the push nuts separate. So depends if MSA will give us a discount for group buy or not? So we may not need 10 pairs after all.

• Administrators

I might be in Gav. Need to check mine first though. They might be fine with any luck... Will let you know.

Let me know how you go, I might purchase 2 sets.