S130 Fairlady Z 280zx 2 seater aka "BADWOG"

car looks awesome with the Wats mate! Must resist temptation to boss out in the 80's with either a DR30 or ZX. One car at a time!!!

You never fail to make me feel lazy when you update your builds! They seem to always come along at a cracking pace, and i love it, gives me motivation to get in the garage and spanner on mine!

Do you still have your "troublemaker" 2+2? If i recall that was getting close to paint before that rough patch you went through.

Rudi.

What a difference!

What are your thoughts/plans on the chrome work around windscreens and pillars?

I've blacked out my b-pillar, but haven't done windscreens. Against black, a bit too much. But red........ different story. (especially once flares are fitted  ;))

Looks great, wheels are awesome.

I have to ask about the Mustang though? Looks like divorce isn't so bad after all haha.

Divorce is f#%^d and even though theres a mustang and few other cars ill still trade them back to get what i had before. At the moment its my therapy to keep me sane.

Do you still have your "troublemaker" 2+2? If i recall that was getting close to paint before that rough patch you went through.

Rudi.

Rudi troublemaker is long gone. Sold it in unfinished stAte as per request of my x. So as the others as well.

What a difference!

What are your thoughts/plans on the chrome work around windscreens and pillars?

I've blacked out my b-pillar, but haven't done windscreens. Against black, a bit too much. But red........ different story. (especially once flares are fitted  ;))

Beenthinking about it but dont want to change too much outside from stock appearance. But have been thinking about blackening out with that peel paint.

Flares at this stage are not on books.

Bigger wats in 16" and wider rubber maybe. I probably could fit 245/50 or 255/50 15". Currently 225 are ok but not with engine upgrade down the track. May even got z31 5 stud to cope with more punishment and able to get 17" with more choice of rubber.

But so dont want to go aways from

Wats. They perfect for it.

Personally I think that the S130 chrome looks good, except perhaps for the B pillar bit. Which can be partially blacked out. Except for the bumpers I think that these shortys are the best looking Z ever made.

• 3 weeks later...

May even got z31 5 stud to cope with more punishment...

Ok since you being a smartarse. Ill explain.

R32 r33 non turbo = 4 stud

R32 r33 turbo = 5 stud

Jap s14 non turbo = 4 stud

S14 turbo =5 stud

Z31 non turbo = 4 stud

Z31 turbo= 5 stud

Early mustangs 6cyl = 4stud

Early mustangs v8 = 5 stud

And so on etc....

Now as you can see im sure they didnt decide to put 5 stud for the f off it. There is an obvious reason they wasted beefing up to 5 stud.

And to answer your previous question. Yes i have seen 4 stud snap. Not only that ive seen 5 stud sheer off. Just give it right conditions.

For the power im running there is no need for 5stud and main reason for going 5 is for wheels.

Now thats cleared up.

We can all move on.

done few things fitted genuine s130 electric fender mirrors and experimented with few things, blacking out few things and nepw front end.

still undecided on s130 G-nose

07382175-9E09-401A-BCE8-B2C15731BF73_zps

57F23ABC-D848-4D78-9E12-F65F10E03D36_zps

211F828A-B083-4417-B9A5-53CAA92BBB25_zps

Something to ponder about. think the radiator opening needs to be bigger at least wider and indicators deleted. at the moment i just returned it back to what it was with fiberglass front bar and dodgey lower valance.

2A9C1097-71C1-466B-862F-78C0FD2A5386_zps

913A98BD-971E-4D6F-BDF9-8C355BF56F0E_zps

3D245DE0-6E94-4FE1-BE0B-2DD0E3DA7614_zps

49F0A411-A9F6-4FC4-9E02-2526BE1385CF_zps

01756B87-3C7A-4566-A186-4A530BAFE10F_zps

Edited by Fairlady Z

I seen that and others related to the car ie see Fat pizza racing.

Regardless of any of that which i dont get your question would

I bought it if i saw it. Yes i would. Car was a street regod 10sec drag car.

I guess I wasn't very clear. What I was referring to is the part where he says about the car "...the chicks love it mate, they go mad for it..."

I like the car - and it is very rare here, I "love it mate"!

Love this! Hope to see it at birdwood :D

if all goes well i should be there just keep me posted on the date.

I am not to sure about that front bar. I would have to see it painted

same here. i like it but changes the car too much which i didnt want. i like how it finishes the bonnet area. just if wasnt so square at the bottom. maybe cut the top half and fit a traditional lower lip/valance section i think it be a winner.

Agreed hard to judge with it in white, but I prefer the standard front.

dont really like the s1 front end. front bar just seems to be an afterthought with bonnet headlight cones . huge gaps as if they ran out of time and said "yep that will do". s2 front bar design lot better but still room for improvment.

I guess I wasn't very clear. What I was referring to is the part where he says about the car "...the chicks love it mate, they go mad for it..."

I like the car - and it is very rare here, I "love it mate"!

oh the chicks part. well not going to lie they seem to turn heads. im sure they no turning for me as windows are almost ambulance tint didnt buy it for that though. but does have a resonable pussy magnet in it. nowhere near as strong as on Shelby.

"must be the burning rubber, they love the friction" hahahahhahahah

I met Jabba at a charity function Tuesday night.  Was talking about other stuff and didn't get chance to talk about this car!  Love the progress you've made