Chassis Number Bingo

HS30-H

NZ specs are a bit different to AU spec. NZ are general RHD  spec which is different to AU and UK.

Chassis numbers are not something we publish in the local club, I am not active much these days but I can see what bingo numbers I can find.

Ha that's pretty funny. It really reflects the zed market these days and how popular they are. I think i posted the foot rest for sale for $20 a few years back and no interest at all.

I'm also amazed so many people have the original books for their cars!

PeterH it's ok, this guy down near Newcastle already promised me one like a year and a half ago...  :P :o  haha.

I have questions about the foot bar. I pulled one out of an early 2+2 and thought that they were only for 2+2s when you had the seat moved right back. Were these an optional part? What models did they come on? Did HS-30Hs come with them?

The passenger footrest was part of the original design and was standard equipment on Japanese market 'Deluxe' models (so Fairlady Z-L, Fairlady Z432, Fairlady 240Z-L, Fairlady 240ZG and on up through the years) and an extra-cost showroom option on 'Standard' models (so Fairlady Z, Fairlady 240Z and on up through the years).

The mounts had reinforcing doubler plates spotwelded to the floorpan, and I believe these were on all Japanese market variants whether the footrest was fitted or not, as it allowed the footrest to be fitted at a later date. When they weren't used the factory just put rubber bungs in the holes. 

• Administrators

Any ideas on AU market? The blue g-nose 260Z coupe that's just come up for sale has one.

All RS30's in Australia had this foot rest. My old 260z 2+2 had it.

• 2 months later...

Does anybody know what this sticker (located above the Nissan build plate on my car) means?  ???

My 240Z (HS30-103724) has a 9/73 compliance plate and is on the WA register.

post-2526-144023803647_thumb.jpg

Does anybody know what this sticker (located above the Nissan build plate on my car) means?  ???

It's a compliance sticker. It indicates that certain specs/components on the car are compliant with type approval regulations. Complicted subject...

My 240Z (HS30-103724) has a 9/73 compliance plate and is on the WA register.

The sticker is an international vehicle standards sticker reffering to the revised ® regulations for standards 11 and 12.

11 relates to door latches and hinges while 12 refers to steering mechanism.

The encircled E2 refers to the the UNECE, the following is a cut and paste from their web page referring to their (automotive) mission and guidelines.

"UNECE's major aim is to promote pan-European economic integration. To do so, it brings together 56 countries located in the European Union, non-EU Western and Eastern Europe, South-East Europe and Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and North America. All these countries dialogue and cooperate under the aegis of UNECE on economic and sectoral issues. However, all interested United Nations member States may participate in the work of UNECE. Over 70 international professional organizations and other non-governmental organizations take part in UNECE activities"

Your car having this decal may mean that it was one of the vehicles which were destined for the UK but was diverted to Australia and NZ which I remember reading about.

Cheers

John

The sticker is an international vehicle standards sticker reffering to the revised ® regulations for standards 11 and 12...

11 relates to door latches and hinges while 12 refers to steering mechanism...

The encircled E2 refers to the the UNECE, the following is a cut and paste from their web page referring to their (automotive) mission and guidelines.

...Your car having this decal may mean that it was one of the vehicles which were destined for the UK but was diverted to Australia and NZ which I remember reading about...

Thank you John (Sirpent) and HS30-H - that is very interesting. I would love to know where you read about the "diverted" cars if you or anybody else can recall.

Thank you John (Sirpent) and HS30-H - that is very interesting. I would love to know where you read about the "diverted" cars if you or anybody else can recall.

Ian

I remember NZeder discussing something to the effect on the forum a few years ago.

If our friend from across the pond reads, this I'm sure he will provide a wealth of info.

Cheers

John

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Administrators
On 7/19/2017 at 7:22 PM, gav240z said:

Ding ding, the current winner is: HS30-103797 with L24-189688 in 901 Silver and Black interior.

Can anyone best that?

Still can't beat that... but HS30 103796 is close...this car has had an RB25 transplant though.