which wheel colour?

reverendzed

• Administrators

007_s30.jpg

278294Z4327.jpg

141263img0014.jpg

image8.jpg

Desperately I want a set of Kobe Seiko wheels for my 240z, I love them in black on the Rally Cars of the period. So another +1 can't go wrong with black wheels on a red Z.

Mike

Outstanding shots that provide a valuable basis for a comparison of the options.

For mine, and this is a question that I have been considering for some time, if I have to choose one option it would be the polished lip with the painted centre OR if it is the original 260Z or 280ZX iron cross options, the painted recesses and the polished raised sections.

However, in the options presented by Mike, any one of those pics suits the car and would be okay with me. I agree that some car colours do not mix as well with some options.

Tough choice. Great question.

Dave

Cheers Mick & Dave for the kind words.

I think all black for the Wats are an improvement over the raw alloy/silver ones on my zed, because of it (the car)being silver and blending in. I also considered just painting the centres gunmetal but I am happy with all gunmetal(watanabe black).

Dave, I think you're on to something. When I have time I might start a picture thread (or someone else can) with pics of zeds,preferably their own or net-sourced pics if they are certain of the wheel/tyre specs to help members make the decision on what size wheel and tyre combo's they like. I have searched for ages, could not find any pics of a S30 with gold SSR Mk3's so this might help others in a similar situation.

cheers, Mike.

Mike

Outstanding shots that provide a valuable basis for a comparison of the options.

Dave

I see you guys figured out where to drill holes for fender mirrors eventually? :P

Looks good with Black Wheels.

Hey hey hey! I just drilled a hole where Jake had drawn the x.

At least myn will be in the right place as we won't make that mistake again.