Why you shouldn't buy anything from Edward "Scissorhands" Lee

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would love to be a fly on the wall if this ever happened. Might be a reality TV show in it.    Think I would even pay to watch.  Jeff

As a Director, he owns no stock, has no assets, possibly a heck of a lot of liabilities, but has made sure he has paid any taxes. The ATO are ruthless, and will jail offenders. Everyone else can get

Posted Images

• Administrators

When it was first listed I saw it for sale and suspected it was an Edward Lees listing.

There are certain attributes that often lead me to believe it's him. Let's just say..

But he also has a red Fairlady Z listed at $120k odd. He never seems in a hurry to sell them. So they are usually at a higher price and he moves them up with the market.

So yes he's upped the price but it seems to coincide with market movement.

Part of the reason it may take him a while to sell these cars is that people in the community are likely wary of dealing with him.

Yeah, fair enough too! I've sent him a message to indicate my interest – and it's genuine – but I've noted that I'm not unaware of the details he's neglected to mention in the ad. Will be interesting to see what he says – if he replies. (And he may well be reading this thread!) 

Edited by mikedoeslife
  • Administrators

Huzzah, it's back?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/west-ryde/cars-vans-utes/1977-datsun-260z-burgundy-manual/

Have to take screenshots of these things because Mr Lee's gets happy with the delete key.

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

s-l800.webp

He also appears to be NOT selling a 510 coupe

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/west-ryde/cars-vans-utes/1971-datsun-bluebird-sss-1971-coupe-1800-coupe-white-manual-coupe/1269462857?ea=11034243&utm_source=trigger&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=saved_search

Perhaps Mr Lees should review the following ACCC guidelines?

https://www.accc.gov.au/system/files/Pricing Manual for the motor vehicle industry.pdf

Perhaps someone may be motivated to give them a call?

Contacting the ACCC
Infocentre: 1300 302 502
Small business helpline: 1300 302 021

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 6.52.49 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 6.53.08 pm.png

The ad’s gone again, haha. Your link just gets a “no listings found” pop up. 

I reported the original ads on gumtree, JustCars, Carsguide... hadn’t checked in on them though. 

edit: wait, here it is. Gumtree

Edited by mikedoeslife

I just spoke to him on the phone. “Oh yeah ah it was just paid in full yesterday actually, and we keep the ads up until the car’s picked up.”

right... but the gumtree ad says it was posted yesterday. 

“Oh yeah ah the computer systems that make those ads keep refreshing them, so yeah it looks like a new ad.”

lol. 

• 3 months later...

how does this clown still operate? was looking at a fairly specific jap import but saw this. Surely after his raid he has to be more careful/slightly more legit? Or still no way don't get a car from him?

• Administrators

He's like ScoMo, he's Teflon nothing sticks. I wouldn't deal with him. Import your own via a broker with a reputable reputation.

Thanks, one less sale for him. There look like a few reputable importers around so will check it out. Also thanks for the posts! You must have helped plenty of people who do a bit of research. 240z! thats the one I was dreaming about while i was running about in my 120y