TAS Z Cars

Clockwork

Hello Oldzguy,

It actually wasn't me, I'm in W.A. Working....... Well hoping it wasn't my car lol.

There are a few cars now getting around in that color but I haven seen another zed in that color apart from in photos yet but it's sounding like there is one down your way.

How is your 260 going?

Justin

Glacial:  [gley-shuh l]    happening or moving extremely slowly:

"The work proceeded at a glacial pace."

• 6 months later...

G'day

Just popped in here to add my car to the Tasmanian group.

I'm in Bellerive and have recently acquired this 1976 260Z. It's pretty much bog standard with its original L26 engine, SU carbs, etc. It has aircon which I think may be an aftermarket fit. Also has electronic ignition which might be a modification (workshop manual reckons it should be points).

I drove it home from my brother's place in Wangaratta earlier this month. Discovered en route that the head gasket was leaking coolant into cylinder #1, so that was the first job when I got home. That's now done and it seems to be running nicely and no longer losing coolant. It passed its roadworthy test yesterday without any issues and is now on Tassie SI plates.

The steering is heavier than I was expecting for a car of this size and weight, but maybe I've become a wimp in the last 2 decades of driving cars with power steering. I'll try a bit more pressure in the tyres and see if that makes a difference (currently running 28 psi). If not, I may be in the market for a power steering conversion. I see from browsing the forum that Justin has a neat electric steering assist on his car.

Cheers,

Cam

gallery_104594_341_170832.jpg

Nice to see another 2+2 in town.

Enjoy the car mate.

We will have to get the Tazzie zed community together one day for a cruise as the numbers seem to be growing.

PS

Oldzguy how is your project progressing?

Recently tracked down an ex Tassie 240z in Victoria and managed to bring here back home.

Mostly standard with a bit of work to do, Floor pans etc but in reasonable condition.

Just doing bare essentials to register her as I am very keen for a drive.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Cam,

Bit slow on the posts as it's easy to miss them if not checking them often enough.

It's good to see another zed in tassie and I agree with red in regards to getting us all together for a run. In regards to the steering yes they can be quite heavy depending on the setup that's for sure and without sounding bias the unit I do does work very well and certainly transformed my car, your certainly welcome to have a look at it if you ever decide it might be the path you want to go down or even if it's just for interest.

Enjoy the car and hopefully we will all catch up one day.

Justin.