TAS Z Cars

Clockwork

240Z circuit car in the south, getting close to the end of a 5 year conversion from an L28 Turbo to an RB26/30.  I'm confident this will be the year it hits the track again but I've said that at the start of the year for the last 5 years.....

• 4 weeks later...

Agh now I know your car was told it was sold to someone in Tasmania Im running my own custom 1 7/8 4 into one extractors twin 3" exhaust t56  gearbox r200 4.3 lsd diff 243 heads performance manifold tune and cam Bilstein shocks and most of Arizona z car earlier suspension components arms and coil overs plus Arizona z car 6 spot front and 4 spot rear brake package Topstage front spoiler and undertray Jim cook racing rear spoiler 18 simmons wheels and a Bit of nitrous for fun at powercruise

Love to see your car in the flesh one day spent a lot time talking to Andrew and swapping emails with info for his build

Mick

I can't remember, is that a 2+2 or a two seater? If a 2 seater I'd be careful about quoting it as a 6.0ltr to the authorities (re power steering enquiry).

I remember that the builder's photos didn't show what parking brake system was installed. Can you advise? Thanks

Peter (LS1)

I would be very interested in seeing your car as well. They sound very similar in build as it sounds like you know what's in mine.

All of the modifications have all been approved so there is no drama there. I have spoken to them in regards to the steering and i have sent the application in with all related information regarding the modifications i have done to the column for approval so should all be good.

Whats your like with 4.3 diff gears? I have 3.7 in it at the moment but have 3.9 to go in. Its a 2 seater.  Park brake is hydraulic and nothing was questioned about it during the inspection.

Justin

Looks like all Tassie Zeds are modified.  ;)

I have a 76 260z 2+2 under going a full rotisserie build with a LS1 , T56 and Holden diff, r31 rear disc and calipers with ventilated front hylux 4 spot calipers. Same exhaust as Mick as he built mine. Maffless tune and twin 4" cold air intake. Still on jackstands at the moment as it has been a 4 year build but should be finished September this year. Just finishing the body work mechanical done.

Southern Tas.

Im very happy with 4.3 diff improved my lap times at Symmons plains The gearbox ratios work much better pulling hard in 5th into coca cola corner And on Hillclimbs ratios work well and launches a dream last Hillclimb i was matching the targa winning evo10 with launch control to first timing mark And it still cruises happily in 6th on 1700 revs for 110 kph

Surprised you got through rego here with hydraulic hand brake but good luck to u

What part of the state u in Justin

Mick

Yes i was surprised too with the hand brake but im happy it did though i will in time sort some other setup for it. I did look at a 4.3 for mine but figured it might be too low,  now thinking i should have lol oh well 3.9 it is. Im in launceston.

Justin

• 1 month later...

Hello Oldzguy,

It actually wasn't me, I'm in W.A. Working....... Well hoping it wasn't my car lol.

There are a few cars now getting around in that color but I haven seen another zed in that color apart from in photos yet but it's sounding like there is one down your way.

How is your 260 going?

Justin

Im not running hand brake at moment I have fitted mounting plates to fit cable operated wilwood spot calipers But been lazy and waiting till I rebuilt spare lsd which is done now so hopefully next few weeks ill get motivated and fit them up

Mick

Hello Mick,

Ah yes I have had a look at them but that's as far as I have got, just looking and wondered what brackets I would need to be able to fit them so I can get rid of the hydraulic setup I have at the moment.

Justin