15x7 Superlite tyre recommendations?

gav240z

• Administrators

Hi Guys,

Need a pair of rear tyres for my 240z but going to replace all 4 since they have been on the car for 14 years now! Are there any recommendations for a decent set of tyres in that size?

If someone has a good set of second hand tyres with minimal wear I'm open to suggestion also?

The car is currently street driven only, looking for good quality but probably don't want to spend $400 per corner. Unless you can convince me I should?

Finally any good tyre shops in Melbourne who won't fubar my wheels fitting new tyres?  ;D

Khumo KU31 are a pretty good road tyre for around $100 a corner, or try some Bridgestone RE002's, again a good quality tyre at around $100 a corner have had both on my MX5. Another option is the Achilles tyres, the sports not the semi slick tyre, I had them on my old S14 and they went alright in both wet and dry and were cheap.

As Jason said, you only want a 205 or at most 225 wide tyre with either a 60 or 55 profile, even look at a 195/60 as well.

I've got a set of 15x7's on the slow boat from Japan on its way and have also looking for 205/60/15's and have only really seen the KU31's in that size that are performance based. Bridgey Re002's don't seem to be available in 60series, only 55 and at twice the price of the KU's. Not really put off by the price (hey, its only money right!? ;D) but I feel that the small rolling diameter (606.5mm diameter) would look a bit small in the arches.

I've also seen 225/50/15 R888's for $250ea, again too small diam for me.

Any other suggestions for a performance based 205/60/15 besides the KU31's?

• Administrators

I just went out to the car and the current tyres on it are:

205/60 R15 - Dunlop Formula W-1 Spec R

Looks like they have discontinued them in that size anyway.

• Administrators

Looks like I should be able to get The Bridgestone RE002 in the same size as the Dunlop's that were on the car for around $150 each. Booked in tomorrow at a local tyre shop.

• Moderators

Looks like I should be able to get The Bridgestone RE002 in the same size as the Dunlop's that were on the car for around $150 each. Booked in tomorrow at a local tyre shop.

A mate of mine has them on his Supra, his only negative is they don't last to long, but given that your Z is "occassional" use that shouldn't worry you.

hey hope i am not too late, for your re002s try costco - they will fit and nitrogen fill, i put a set on my sti(different size obviously) recently for $635 - they are very cheap and quite quick(as most people dont go to them for tyres) - worth a shot if you're not in a rush

• Administrators

hey hope i am not too late, for your re002s try costco - they will fit and nitrogen fill, i put a set on my sti(different size obviously) recently for $635 - they are very cheap and quite quick(as most people dont go to them for tyres) - worth a shot if you're not in a rush

Thanks I've already booked in at a local shop. Price wise should be close to that anyway.

• Moderators

I had no idea that they did anything automotive, certainly sounds cheap. Are they equipped to do alignments etc as well ?

Gav,

how did you go with the tyres? I have used 002's before and like them. Were you able to get them in 205/60/15? AFAIK with all the info I am getting it says they are only available in 205/55/15?

• Administrators

Didn't actually get them yet, tyre shop had them come in late. So I'm getting them tomorrow morning fitted. I'll let you know what aspect ratio they are. However I did say 60 so hopefully that's what they are.

I'm going to look for some kind of tyre wall paint so I can colour in the writing on the side walls.

post-3609-14150800954201.jpg

I asked if you could get tyres like that but he said they would have to be special order these days as only 4x4 tyres still come like that.

Ask and you shall receive-in 205 60 15 as well:

352358186_o.jpg

$189ea on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BF-Goodrich-RTA-15-inch-tyre-205-60-R15-suit-muscle-car-Raised-White-Lettering-/150999046991?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23283e9b4f

I recall Yokohama used to do the 352 but I can't seem to find 205/60/15

Picture003.jpg

Didn't actually get them yet, tyre shop had them come in late. So I'm getting them tomorrow morning fitted. I'll let you know what aspect ratio they are. However I did say 60 so hopefully that's what they are.

I'm going to look for some kind of tyre wall paint so I can colour in the writing on the side walls.

I asked if you could get tyres like that but he said they would have to be special order these days as only 4x4 tyres still come like that.

• Administrators

The old tyres on it were from 87 ;). Anyone want some vintage rubber?

They were in good shape for their age but obviously it is going to transform the car with new shoes.