Offset for 15" rota wheels, yes i did a search first. LOL !

WogsRus

Ok yes i have read all the posts i cound find and still non the wiser.

I have a 260z 2+2 and am looking at some rims.

Ideally, i am looking at 15x7 Rota RB which come in a 15x7 with +20 ofset.

Question i have, will these fit under the guards of a stock Z without rubbing, which has 1" lower springs then stock ?

I don't want to run flares or spaces, so an help and photos would be greatly appropriated.

What is the ideal offset for a 15x7 rim to put under a z???

Is that an absolute? I wonder if you can you get a engineers certificate to get approval?

Not sure but the guy who did mod plate for gearbox swap told me that was the "Legal limit" for wheels in Qld.

Show the Mod/Engineer guy the official factory documentation showing that they had, as optional, 15x7 rims, along with 14x10's on rear, 14x8's on front.

The great majority of md/engineer types take the conservative approach.

And yes, WogsRUs, a plus 20 on a 15x7 will rub on your spring perches

You will need something with a backspace measurement of 105 mm or less

Those rims at +20 will have a backspace f 122.5mm.

Could fit longer studs and 15-20mm thick spacers,,,,,,, but that is illegal, unless the spacers are mechanically fixed to either the rim, or the hub.

Just spoke with the guy that did my mod plates:

"The rules are now national, not state by state anymore. You can increase the wheel centres (across the car) by 25mm and wheel (rim not tyre) by 25mm"

So this means you need to spread the width inward as well as outward to keep them legal. That become a challenge if you want it "Legal".

dat2kman.....where do we find the factory documentation?

Docs are the JAF ( Japanese Automobile Federation) approvals, detailing the available options.

This doc then went to FIA, for worldwide approval.

Cars, with certain optional items, are able to be legally driven on public roads.

Rim diam increases are limited, but width is fine.

The first thing any protective Engineer will say, "oh, this is for racing, not valid" you then explain, cars under this are for public road use and registration. That stumps them.

I have stamped copies of these, but f i take pics with camera or ipad, image size s too large for this site.

Re-size? Heard about that, nfi on how to resize on ipad.

Have given up using a regular computer, as not able to see/use them very easily.

I have stamped copies of these, but f i take pics with camera or ipad, image size s too large for this site.

Re-size? Heard about that, nfi on how to resize on ipad.

Have given up using a regular computer, as not able to see/use them very easily.

If you can be bothered email them to me and I can resize and post (tmamo at live dot com dot au)

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/pdf/NCOP11_Section_LS_Tyres_Suspension_Steering_V2_1Jan_2011%20v3.pdf

Here are the actual laws, starting at about page 20 for any states that use NCOP. Most of it pertains to maintaining tyre sizes and not really the wheels...

• 2 weeks later...

Show the Mod/Engineer guy the official factory documentation showing that they had, as optional, 15x7 rims, along with 14x10's on rear, 14x8's on front.

As per my post on the JAF homologation papers topic, the JAF GT010/ FIA 3023 fiches do NOT show anything to do with 15" diameter wheels. They show the Nissan Sports Option / Junsei Race Option 14" x 8j and 14" x 10j Magnesium KS 8-spokes that were intended to be used with the 432-R type overfenders, but no 15" diameter option.

So where is this "Official factory documentation" that shows optional 15" x 7J wheels?

ok so what about 15x7 with a +12 offset?

Anyone

Use this:

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=205&aspect=55&diameter=15&wheelwidth=7&offset=12&width2=225&aspect2=50&diameter2=16&wheelwidth2=8&offset2=4#content

16x8 +4 with 225 50 16 clears by a bee's dick on the stock strut and the guards. Use that as your comparison.

• 3 weeks later...