James Flett from MIA Engines, Meet and Greet, this Sat 13th Brisbane

dat2kman

James has sold his immaculate Orange Z, as featured on Aus Classic Car mag, to a Brisbane Z and general car entusiast, and is delivering it personally!

Nice guy or what!

And he is returning to Sydney, with PeterRX5 on here' Mazda chicken cooker.

( all waiting for the big announcement Peter!!)

On Saturday night we are hosting James for the evening at The Gap.

If any of the Qld Z folk would like to meet James, say G'day, and talk engines, or other stuff, let me know.

Looking at late till bit after sundown.

If you feel need to eat or drink, bring a snag or two, and a couple of what you like.

We can fire up the dead cow final processor device.

Yeah : There are a few of the Z boys and girls are off to the west to spend time with Lofty that weekend . But I have spent the odd hour or 2 with him and don't think I will be missed and I have to help family move that weekend. I also have a question or two to ask.

So bring the odd rissole with me then. 

I'll have the sledgehammer ready for dem loose tappits, ok!

No Jake, he wont punch, just kick!

It's just a light informal G'day and welcome to Brisbane, james prob arrive about 4 pm, so if you can rock up about 4.30, that'd be good. The day run will probably be all over by then anyway!

ZCCQ doing a run? Lofty Drews, a veritable legendary rally navigator, in Africa!

It's a crying shame they dont publish these sorts of things on their website, otherwise they could get newbies interested in such stuff. There was a local Brisbane Swap Meet, a few months back, again, nothing?

Now, i dare anyone to look up where when and what times the official club

monthly  or bi monthly meetings are? Used to be at Shannons in West End?

Theres a bit of a feed and a drink thing at a local pub, is this a club meeting night?

Point taken .

But the runs are under CAMS rules and you have to be a member of a cams club .  So it makes it difficult to invite outsiders  to events.

Even all the passengers in the car have to belong to a CAMS car club, if they are over 18. This also includes the swap meet for insurance perposes. Not sure about the pub thing. It is new and only social , best CAMS doesn't know about that. God only knows what they would have to say about that.

But notice of meetings only goes out through the club's mailing list. I think and I am not sure, but it costs money each time a change is made to the ZCCQ web site.

It seems to me that the CAMs affiliation needs to be questioned as it is holding the club to being a closed group of sorts. How many track days has the club done this year and of those how many have been on a CAMs backed track?

Things like the swap meet could be a big event with outside participation and I for one, would have come and bought a swag of parts to sell with me, along with two other mates. Especially if you open it up to be a classic Japanese swap meet, like the 7s club has done with their show.

Aub, i get it that you are told to "tow the line, - dont upset the apple cart" etc.

BUT,  THAT is the biggest load of HORSE SH1T i have ever heard.

Plenty, and i mean plenty of other CAMS affiliated clubs do not adopt that load of drivel!

It is quite obvious that some elitist Z-centric only dudley-do-right, has read something and mis-interpreted ot.

It just makes the ZCCQ come across as a "closed shop" or elitist.

How in the heck is a newbie, ie anyone outside "The Cone of Zedness" supposed to see what the club is all about, turn up for things that are promoted, go to meetings, be an interested bystander,

With a pitential view to then participate and join in, if this rubbish is pushed.

All the Historic Car clubs, VHRR, HSRCA, HRCC, all promote themselves to outsiders, encourage non members to attend functions and events, even offer a "day licence" and "one day membership" to let people see and enjoy.

MGcar club Qld do this at Mt Cotton a couple times a year.

And plenty clubs organise social day runs, get togethers swap meets, and all warmly wrlcome non-members.

What is this gonna mean for the 2015 DatNats?? We all get wrapped in cotton wool as we cross the border into Qld?

Pay your money, join the club, enjoy the fun, That's what I did. That way you know what's happening on both ZCCQ and AUSZCAR. Mind you I don't race and love the social part and the drives but that whats pulls my chain. I will always support the racers as well. ;) 8) 8) 8)