'71 240Z parts for sale

ZED660

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a tidy up and have some 1971 240Z parts to move;

As per the attached pictures;

Reskinned dash in quite good condition no bubbles of lifts, there are a couple of small scuff marks that will clean up ok - $500 with gauges, wiring and bezel or $450 minus gauges.  The glovebox interior has been fabricated in aluminium to replace the original material.

Pair of seats with rails, need refurbishing - $75 pr

Centre console in general good condition has the factory standard small crack in the corner near the ashtray! but is an easy repair.  Has four small holes on the lhs where a previous owner has apparently attached something - $150 with small panel that hinges to give access to fuse block.  One of the pins for this hinged section is broken and the demister switch is broken.

Fuse block $$20 I have the plastic cover for it somewhere!!

Heater/fresh air console with control cables, one knob is missing off one of the adjusters $25.  The section where the radio fits has been modified by previous owner.

Tail lights fair condition with wires $50 pr

Tail light garnish $$65

Fuel rail $20

Steering wheel $60

Pair of original horns $20

Heater box $60

Blower $60

These parts are in Sydney and I wanted to give people here a look first before I advertise them elsewhere. They are pick up only and I would prefer anyone interested to check them out first.  Please ask if you want further photos.

Geoff

post-659-144023743561_thumb.jpg

post-659-144023743566_thumb.jpg

post-659-144023743573_thumb.jpg

post-659-14402374358_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Interested in center dash facia / heater panel if it's not been cut for a stereo? Closer photo would be appreciated.

Is it an early dashboard or later one? Does the cigarette lighter go into the dash or console? Does the speedo start at 20km/h or 0 km/h? Do you know who re-skinned it? A closer photo of the front would be good.

If George doesn't want tail lights I'll take em'.

Finally is the tail light garnish straight / any previous damage to it?

Hi Gav,

The dash came out of a '71 model and it has a hole for a cig lighter (I presume) on the dash just to the left and below the revcounter.  In fact there are two impressions there and the cig lighter hasn't been installed since the reskin.  I don't know who did the dash, I bought the car in 2000 and it was done then.  The speedo is 0 -160 mph.

The tail light garnish looks pretty straight a couple of dings on the inside but not too bad, it has a rough paint job on it but I think it would probably clean up ok.  As I said, I would prefer people to look at items first before committing.

To those who replied (George, acf, wa, Gav) I will send some more detailed pics via PM to you tomorrow.

Geoff

I forgot to mention I also have a 240 motor under the bench (negotiable) and the following extra items;

Alloy top fan belt pulley, and blanks for fuel pump (not in photo) and front inspection plate on head  - $70

Four new (still in wrappers) 260Z original wheel centre caps - $50

Four used (good condition) Z centre caps, not sure what they are off - $30

ITEMS PREVIOUSLY POSTED:

Reskinned dash in quite good condition no bubbles of lifts, there are a couple of small scuff marks that will clean up ok - $500 with gauges, wiring and bezel or $450 minus gauges.  The glovebox interior has been fabricated in aluminium to replace the original material. - SEVERAL INTERESTED ATM

Pair of seats with rails, need refurbishing - $75 pr -SOLD

Centre console in general good condition has the factory standard small crack in the corner near the ashtray! but is an easy repair.  Has four small holes on the lhs where a previous owner has apparently attached something - $150 with small panel that hinges to give access to fuse block.  One of the pins for this hinged section is broken and the demister switch is broken. - SOLD

Fuse block $$20 I have the plastic cover for it somewhere!! - SOLD

Heater/fresh air console with control cables, one knob is missing off one of the adjusters $25.  The section where the radio fits has been modified by previous owner.

Tail lights fair condition with wires $50 pr - SOLD

Tail light garnish $$65 - HELD PENDING

Fuel rail $20

Steering wheel $60 - SOLD

Pair of original horns $20

Heater box $60 - SOLD

Blower $60 - SOLD

post-659-144023743996_thumb.jpg

post-659-144023744007_thumb.jpg

post-659-144023744019_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

They look like ZX caps.

Mate thanks for your email. I won't be needing the heater facial as it has been cut at the bottom which is what both my Zs have had done to fit aftermarket head units.

With regards to Dash I am currently in the US for work and won't be back till later next week. If others are interested please don't hold for me as I would want to inspect and compare to my early Dash to make sure they are the same.

If you still have it when I get back I'll come take a look in person..

Cheers.

• Administrators

Oh and same thing with tai light garnish mine is slightly bent but I'd want to check in person to compare with what I have so don't hold for me. If you have it when I'm back I'll check it out then.

I have plenty of other parts I need to source so not upset if I miss anything on this round.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Yeah I'll take some photos of it tonight. The plan is to try the DIY dashboard restoration on the original dash and then post up comparison photos so people can get a feel for the differences and then decide which 1 to install / keep.

I met Geoff many years ago at Goulburn and he's a true certified Z-nut :).

I met Geoff many years ago at Goulburn and he's a true certified Z-nut :).

Too true, he is a nut. Did he try to make you wash his car in your undies as payment? That's how I paid for my rear lights. It wasn't as bad as I initially thought.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if I had the same Geoff! A mate purchased an early 240Z from Qld - no heater. I don't suppose they are as important up there. I have been trying to find him one. Nice to hear from you. Came across Vince H at the Datsun day at Penrith at the end of last year.

... Came across Vince H at the Datsun day at Penrith at the end of last year.

I tried to offload a whole bunch of stuff 12 months ago but got very few takers. I think (and I could be doing a Barry O'Farrell here) I gave away two heaters to Graham H. If you need a contact let me know.