Kerrigan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

The typeface on those ID plates is all wrong, so it won't pass for genuine.

hey kerrigan, you should not search for images, instead in google you  choose 'web' that will give you website results (it's right under the area where you type in what to search in the results). you seem to be pretty shit at searching stuff online and using the forum. I suggest watching a few youtube clips on how to use google/search engines as they really help you out. There are things in google that could help you find that rare part from japanese websites like google translation (for yahoo japan searches) etc.

Refurbished/good condition RHD hood latch assembly (body side) RHD speedo cable (not kinked) would be nice to find.

A correct Nikki fuel pump, or rebuild kit.

A headlight/combination switch either in very good condition, or rebuildable.

And a blank ID plate s for 1971 S30 from Revive Jalopy or some other aftermarket restorer ...

I found a lot of Jesse Streeter images but no email contact; it was suggested I contact him for possible ID plate.

Probably should put this in WTB with a WTB heading but here it is already anyway.

It looks wrong even for export models as Gav said the fonts aren't right, pretty much the same as the North American one.

This is what the JDM one looks like, even though this specific one isnt for a zed:

vin_b120.jpg

I'd LOVE to have one of those.  A reproduction without serial numbers would be just fine.

Not heard of anyone making a reproduction of this one are being made.

Is anyone considering making some?  I'll order now ... :-)

The correct engine bay 'VIN' plate for Kerrigan's car would look like this:

pxsn.jpg

I'd LOVE to have one of those.  A reproduction without serial numbers would be just fine.

Not heard of anyone making a reproduction of this one are being made.

Is anyone considering making some?  I'll order now ... :-)

Aaargh! Kerrigan, you will be the death of me.

As I've said what seems like 1000 times already, Nishi san at REVIVE JALOPY in Saitama, Japan is making 100% accurate reproductions of the above 'VIN' tag. If you order it with YOUR chassis number, he will even stamp it up for you. All you have to do is make contact, either directly, or indirectly through the go-betweens already recommended to you.

I got Nishi san to stamp me up an in-joke 'special', using my S30 body serial number on a PS30-prefixed tag. Here's what it looks like:

ab3q.jpg

Gosh .. hope not!

I tried (seems like 1000 times already) to order one from REVIVE JALOPY and either they are now totally pissed off at me for asking, or not bowing first, or something (my crappy American attitude, whatever) ...

At any rate, the nice people at REVIVE JALOPY, won't respond to my inquiries.

If some nice person could be a go-between, it would be appreciated.

It doesn't need to be stamped ... just the plate to go in the "naked place" in the engine compartment, would be grand.

As I've said what seems like 1000 times already, Nishi san at REVIVE JALOPY in Saitama, Japan is making 100% accurate reproductions of the above 'VIN' tag. If you order it with YOUR chassis number, he will even stamp it up for you. All you have to do is make contact, either directly, or indirectly through the go-betweens already recommended to you.

I got Nishi san to stamp me up an in-joke 'special', using my S30 body serial number on a PS30-prefixed tag. Here's what it looks like:

ab3q.jpg

No, not trolled.

Honestly, we're just looking to freshen our Z up as best we can, with original old stock equipment if possible, and in some cases reproduction items like braided hoses, etc.\

It might be easier to find this stuff in AU and Far East countries, but it's tough going to do so here in the USA.  The few people who have parts want a lot of money for them.  Like a new old stock Nikki fuel pump for $650 USD.  That's spendy over here.

And a big thank you those who have braved the waves and sent some great links and information ... in private messages as well as open posts.  It really has been a great help to us in gathering information on this car.  And parts!

Jesus_facepalm.jpg

Are we just getting trolled?

Your post got me to wondering ... how did you obtain your plate from REVIVE JALOPY?  Email ..?

That would be helpful to know; maybe it would work for me?

ab3q.jpg

In the case of your repro 'VIN' tag quest, you need to tell Revive Jalopy your car's chassis number and give them your full credit card details, your home address and anything else that might be relevant

Are you actually completely f**ing retarded or just pulling our legs? You even quoted this post so you must have read it at some point!

Not sure to whom this observation is intended.  I'd just comment that anyone who sends their credit card information to anyone in an email, in the blind, isn't exercising common sense ... or has a deathwish for their credit account.

As a point of information, I did finally get a response from Revive from a different email address than I had previously.

They can do one ... for $136.00 USD .... that requires a re-think on my part as to how badly I want it ....

Are you actually completely f**ing retarded or just pulling our legs? You even quoted this post so you must have read it at some point!

Not sure to whom this observation is intended.

You. HTH.

I'd just comment that anyone who sends their credit card information to anyone in an email, in the blind, isn't exercising common sense ... or has a deathwish for their credit account.

Nonsense. It's something I (have to!) do all the time. For example, I've done it with Motor Sport Auto in the USA.

In any case, you were not doing anything "blind". I recommended Revive Jalopy to you on my personal experiences with Nishi san and his family, and I have been dealing with them for 15+ years now. I have visited them in person several times, know many other people who trade with them, and they have a good reputation on the classic car scene in Japan. In what way were you dealing with them "blind"?

Frankly it seems there's always a backstory to what goes on with you. At this point I don't trust you to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. After all that's gone on, you suddenly now have a price from Revive Jalopy too. Right after you were whining about them not answering you for some imagined reason....   

As a point of information, I did finally get a response from Revive from a different email address than I had previously.

They can do one ... for $136.00 USD .... that requires a re-think on my part as to how badly I want it ....

...at which point I stop taking you even remotely seriously. Exactly how much did you think it was going to cost you? $100? $10? $1? I would pay Revive Jalopy $136 for that in a heartbeat ( and have done... ).

Just wait until I invoice you for all the time I've spent taking you seriously and trying to help you. That'll make you swallow hard.

Kerrigan,

I have been reading this thread for a while, and have been resisting temptation to chime in for a while but can no longer.

I think the best thing you can do is just give up on your RHD zed and get a LHD or something US made so parts are cheap and just found on your doorstep.

To me, you came across as someone trying to restore a s30 back to concourse condition, demanding oem correct parts etc. Which is a good thing of course. But your last statement about not wanting to pay $136 for the ID tag just astounds me. With your idea of how much parts are worth and what you're willing to pay, it's like you're from another planet. Out of interest, could you post some pics of your Zed and let us know how much you've spent so far?

I'd imagine the USA is the best source of Zed parts for both LHD and RHD outside of Japan with the benefit of communicating in English. Personally I have bought lots of stuff from the USA from good people like Ataka for example. Yes, I did pay the $350 for new wipers and can't remember how much my new grille was.

Of course Japan would be the most logical place to look for parts but the language barrier. So rhdjapan.com and jesse streeter can overcome those issues.

Money speaks all languages but the problem is that you are not willing to spend so I guess that is the crux of the matter.

So many people have tried to help you, but you are not willing to spend the money or trust the tried and true contacts so it's your problem.

I am starting to think you are just a very sick troll.

Alan, I don't know why you have spent so much time (years!) on this guy, you must be a masochist. It must be affecting your health. Best ignore and put more energy into the 432 project.

Someone lock this thread already!

image.png

Not sure to whom this observation is intended.  I'd just comment that anyone who sends their credit card information to anyone in an email, in the blind, isn't exercising common sense ... or has a deathwish for their credit account.

LOL!  You made my day.

Yeah, you are probably right.  Should have picked a Honda to restore instead of a Z .... lol!

Spent way too much money, and will continue to do so.

It looks good and will continue to improve.

I like the car, so the rest of it is immaterial.

As the economy is wonderful here in the USA, and milk, honey, and money are just flowing from the trees and rivers, who cares how much something costs!  You slay me.

Yes, some open-minded and nice people have given good advice; who to pay attention to and who to ignore as trolls ... usually in a PM to keep from pissing you-all off for helping me I guess.

And yes, the Z looks great and will continue to improve, thank you very much.

A photo won't post unless it's tiny ... but you can see photos at various places around the web ...just do a search on "1971 FairladyZ-L images" and it should pop right up.  Such as

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=1971+FairladyZ-L&qpvt=1971+FairladyZ-L&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=DE4662711EDE034AE8A7949AC7A8D058AA4E2494&selectedIndex=0

It's a popular car ...  :o

If anyone has a decent headlight combo switch for the 1971 RHD Z we would like to purchase one.  A NOS would be a great one, but a good working condition one is fine.

Thank you.