HS30-00019

George

• Administrators
3 hours ago, George said:

As the year ticked over I made my way up the coast to meet with a dear friend for the first time. We had been in contact for a few years talking cars and finally got to share a drink. We also exchanged these.

I have a feeling that was an old friend of Jim Irvine? Who is now the custodian of a lot of his spares? I think we spoke on the phone about the Topy's and Cap's a while ago, but got the impression he wasn't in a rush to offload them just yet. Good to see they went to a good home however!

1 hour ago, gav240z said:

It just seems they deserve this level of attention after all these years of service.

I certainly think so. :) They're special cars so why not give them special attention.

1 hour ago, gav240z said:

I have a feeling that was an old friend of Jim Irvine? Who is now the custodian of a lot of his spares? I think we spoke on the phone about the Topy's and Cap's a while ago, but got the impression he wasn't in a rush to offload them just yet. Good to see they went to a good home however!

You're referring to Mark who purchased the lot of spares. I do recall him mentioning your name in our dealings. I'm referring to a Peter who facilitated pickup from Mark and then drove them down to Central Coast where we met.

You're not wrong about him not being in a rush. I first started dealing with him in Dec 2016.

1 hour ago, Groundhog said:

There's always someone out there with the obsession.

Someone did suggest that to me. I stared at the crossmember for a few minutes with drill in hand contemplating where my life went wrong and all the decisions that led to that point...

I walked away. ;D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...