Must Watch Automotive Program Thread.

Enzo

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, gav240z said:

This came up in my recommended list.

It's interesting - but it ends with them just putting the car on a tow truck. The next episode will hopefully show more of the car.

7 minutes ago, gav240z said:

but love old buildings like this and of course the old car.

Then you will like this episode : great old building with lots of different old cars including an old V12 Lambo (dual triple webers) and @ 26mins a brief look at 72 240Z.

Edited by AndBir

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
13 minutes ago, OdinZ said:

Filthy & nice! So quick!

An old girlfriend of mine (many many years ago) had an 808 wagon her dad was gonna fix up for her. It was gonna be a bog and paint job type car as her first car. She wasn't sure about the car, at the time I said it's kind of cool looking, put a rotary in it haha. (I was a teenager at the time). I don't know what happened to that car, probably ended up on the scrap heap by now (this was late 90s). Who would have thought the humble 808 wagon's would be worth anything all these years later?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Man, American cars hate corners don't they? Haha.

It was really obvious when you saw the Euro cars get around him.

Yeah I agree too much focus on power and not enough handling. You cant beat European handling. Like Holden had McLaren engineers design the suspension on the VF GTS including the GTS-R W1 but even that is a beast around corners. But still not enough power lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 3:01 AM, gav240z said:

1972 Nissan Skyline Hakosuka: Larry Drives a JDM Legend

I'm sorry, I just don't get it. Can anyone explain to me what makes a car like this a "Legend"?

GT-R is a legend. GT-X is for going to the shops.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, HS30-H said:

I'm sorry, I just don't get it. Can anyone explain to me what makes a car like this a "Legend"?

GT-R is a legend. GT-X is for going to the shops.

I've got something better for going to the shops! And unlike the GTX is has the right GTR powerplant! :).

I think the C10 itself is an automotive legend, regardless of it being 4 door, 2 door or S20 or L-series powered. I'd still love a GTX with Triples.. But I know, I know, it's not a GTR that won all the races.

26 minutes ago, gav240z said:

I've got something better for going to the shops! And unlike the GTX is has the right GTR powerplant! :).

I think the C10 itself is an automotive legend, regardless of it being 4 door, 2 door or S20 or L-series powered. I'd still love a GTX with Triples.. But I know, I know, it's not a GTR that won all the races.

What makes the C10-series Skyline a "legend" though? Seriously. Why would the C10 range be something head and shoulders above anything else Nissan made at the same time? I don't get it.

Or rather, I do. The 'Legend' is all about the PGC10 and KPGC10 GT-R models. The lesser C10-series models all ride on that. The car in the video is even wearing GT-R emblems, has a red-painted console badge (signifying S20 power) rather than blue and is even wearing replica Nissan Prince Tokyo Sports Corner dealer stickers, a branch of Nissan's dealer network which would not have let a GT or GT-X through its service centre doors in period. 

'Hakosuka' and (ugh) "Hako" have become synonymous with 'GT-R'. Cars like the one in the video are simply basking in the reflected glory of another model.

Yes, I'm in a bad mood today.