gav240z

Show us your......man cave.

15 hours ago, gav240z said:

I nearly bought a house around the corner from Mark. I thought you were further out North West, but I do know a few S30z owners are in the area. Good to know for organising early morning weekend drives to wineries etc..

Seriously I wish I could move the family to Melbourne, Sydney is so depressing with everyone stressed out with this fast paced environment. Although Im notbsure if Melbourne is heading down that path

But not to happy with the current gang culture and fanatics around Melbourne. Hate going to the CBD and being handed pamphlets that I did not ask for.....

2 hours ago, JDM-TOY said:

Seriously I wish I could move the family to Melbourne, Sydney is so depressing with everyone stressed out with this fast paced environment. Although Im notbsure if Melbourne is heading down that path

Honestly Melbourne is heading down the same population growth crush path. We could seriously derail this thread talking about it. So best we don't. haha.

https://carbuzz.com/features/the-ultimate-dream-car-garages?fbclid=IwAR2Ybp2bQX0KOGSiVgEkZDLnPCcLqAxBV3f8vNU2FobAPSS9rc6jzBPfIjI

2 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 16 Cars

I was talking to the mrs about downsizing when the kids eventually bugger off, and she replied you couldn't possibly move you have too many cars.

Obviously she hasn't seen something like the above.

Posted (edited)

Interesting, but nah, that place just looks like a new car showroom and a place to show off excessive wealth.

I like the old tumble-down barns like you often see on American Pickers, full of old cars and motorcycles, chock full of dust and grease and plainly down-to-earth. Someone's collection of Studebakers, or Indians, or whatever has sparked their interest over many decades.

Edited by gilltech

I am with gilltech on this.

if you can eat your dinner off the floor then you are not using it in the right manner.  Everything in its pile and a pile for everything.

You have to be able to put your hands on anything at a moments notice. It is also not  just for cars . It has to have all kinds of machinery and it doesn't matter if you don't know how to use it.

It can not have a square inch of vacant wall space . Something must be stuck to it or hanging from it. If you run out of space then add a other section to  your man cave . You know you will . 

That will inspire you to take on any number of projects and not finish one. Ok may be one ,possibly two.

Mine not only houses a car and spares, but also model hobbies in the form of a railway and ships. I will post pics if you want to see them.   

Posted (edited)

definitely need a large shed for something like this:

Sorry in advance if this is a small deviation from the thread.

Edited by Hokin

So a man cave is what you can make of it. Personally it is a retreat from every day living  for me. Some where you can go where the better half will not tread foot and  adult children come to the conclusion that they will never find that they are looking for with out help.There for they do not enter.My man cave come shed looks like a bomb hit and I like it that way.

The railway is n scale and as you can see a work in progress. I been told the model ships have to fine a home in the man cave and moved out of the craft room. That may take some creative thinking to find a space for them . The hull of the ship in what will become a dry dock on the railway is a 1 : 200 scale model of HMS RODNEY    

Found_1a917634200-23c359 [1600x1200].jpg

P1070874 [1600x1200].JPG

P1070875 [1600x1200].JPG

P1070876 [1600x1200].JPG

P1070877 [1600x1200].JPG

P1070878 [1600x1200].JPG

P1070879 [1600x1200].JPG

P1070880 [1600x1200].JPG

P1070881 [1600x1200].JPG

P1070883 [1600x1200].JPG

Awesome! Thanks for posting the photos, I'll show them to my kids who are into modelling and model trains (OO / HO). Nice collection of N scale, the F7 style engines are my favourites. Stylish. They look like engines should and remind me of the old Tri-ang R55 and R159 engines back in the day.

Wish I had that much space. Looks chaotic but you know where everything is so no matter! I see a big flat screen. Some bare walls around the train layout, what plans, maybe some big Art Deco railway posters?

So a man cave is what you can make of it. Personally it is a retreat from every day living  for me.

Ditto. Shut out the world. I have an old camp chair in my man cave, and sometimes "I goes there and sits and thinks. Or just sits". (Quote/unquote whom I can't recall).