Show us your......man cave.

gav240z

I believe this man cave may be owed by a group of entrepreneurs who started an Internet server business from scratch and sold it around 2-3 years ago for a cool $80m.

Sunday nights formula 1 viewing night, which they beam from their offices in the neighbouring suburb...

Edited by Ponyo240z

I reckon there's a Ferrari F40, a HQ Monaro and Porsche 911 (966?) under those covers.NB: Look at the model cars in the office. Spot anything?

Looks like an orange Z amoungts them?

That's a very nice looking place.

Jeff

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Yeah I like Grungy warehouses more than polished 'white walls everywhere' type places.

Saved quite a few on Pinterest here.

https://www.pinterest.com.au/doolan0022/awesome-automotive-workshops/

Might need to be signed in to see them though!

Yeah I like Grungy warehouses more than polished 'white walls everywhere' type places.

Saved quite a few on Pinterest here.

https://www.pinterest.com.au/doolan0022/awesome-automotive-workshops/

Might need to be signed in to see them though!

Some fantastic garages there. I am with you on the grungy ones. Heaps of old timber beams, or brick walls with flaking paint. Very cool, although I love the practicality of Jack Olsen's 12 gauge garage. Everything well thought out and using all of the space to it's fullest. I need to take some time off of working on the cars, to sort out the garage a bit more. I have the benefit of living in the boonies, so I have a big garage, but having the space has made me lazy and not sorting it out properly.

Edited by HomeBuiltByJeff

• Administrators

Trying to talk the wife into this place :)

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-hastings-127165822

Hastings is just a bit far out unfortunately no real transport to the city. Great looking place though for the money! Compared to what you get elsewhere. Looks like a 20 min drive to Frankanistan (Frankston or as I also say to the missus Frang-a-me-banger *in joke I suppose*).

I have been looking at Langwarrin, Frankston, Seaford, all along that coast line etc.. Nice part of Melbourne, spent a load of time down in Sorrento / Portsea as a kid so love that part of Victoria. My grandmother had a holiday home in Tootgarook and we used to go down there all the time. This footage is from 2006 when I was driving down for a weekend in the 240z

If you don't need to be in the city and it's close enough to work / jobs you want to do and within budget I'd say go for it.

Wow, looks like you get alot for your money. Good luck getting the mrs on board.

Is the Vic market anything like the Sydney market, where the price guide is often well below the final sale price?

My experience with real estate agents in Melbourne is that they are all scum!

Underquoting is standard (20% under usually) and the last deal I had signed contract and agent sandbagged on giving deposit details to entice another offer into the ring. I missed out as a result. I hate them, hate them, hate them... all liars.

If you are going to move to further from the city, move to a more rural area I say. Then you can easily have the man cave of your dreams. I live on a 2500m block 1 and a half hours from the centre of Sydney (40 mins from the outskirts). I could not be happier with the move. No traffic, good roads. If your work permits, I can't recommend it highly enough.

Wow, looks like you get alot for your money. Good luck getting the mrs on board.

Is the Vic market anything like the Sydney market, where the price guide is often well below the final sale price?

Haha Thanks, she doesnt like part of the layout of the actual house, the rest is awesome. 

Um, well it depends on the house and the real estate agents, but generally the price guide is lower. 

Hastings is just a bit far out unfortunately no real transport to the city. Great looking place though for the money! Compared to what you get elsewhere. Looks like a 20 min drive to Frankanistan (Frankston or as I also say to the missus Frang-a-me-banger *in joke I suppose*).

I have been looking at Langwarrin, Frankston, Seaford, all along that coast line etc.. Nice part of Melbourne, spent a load of time down in Sorrento / Portsea as a kid so love that part of Victoria. My grandmother had a holiday home in Tootgarook and we used to go down there all the time. This footage is from 2006 when I was driving down for a weekend in the 240z

If you don't need to be in the city and it's close enough to work / jobs you want to do and within budget I'd say go for it.

My experience with real estate agents in Melbourne is that they are all scum!

Underquoting is standard (20% under usually) and the last deal I had signed contract and agent sandbagged on giving deposit details to entice another offer into the ring. I missed out as a result. I hate them, hate them, hate them... all liars.

I already live 45+ minutes from the city. Drive to work (peak hour) is 40minutes, otherwise 20-25minutes. I really dislike Melbourne transport at the best of times, so it doesnt phase me, and city traffic is nothing like Sydney. Haha I may use that term!

I quite like the coast, and being able to take the dogs to the beach, and we also try and surf when we can.

If you are going to move to further from the city, move to a more rural area I say. Then you can easily have the man cave of your dreams. I live on a 2500m block 1 and a half hours from the centre of Sydney (40 mins from the outskirts). I could not be happier with the move. No traffic, good roads. If your work permits, I can't recommend it highly enough.

Some days we joke about living as country as possible, but dont think we are ready for that life. we both go to the city a couple of times a month for sports events or other functions. Work isnt too much of an issue, except when I had to fly interstate once or twice a month i guess. the plan is to get atleast 1/2 an acre somewhere though. Or a place like this one where the house still meets what we want.

• Administrators

In my opinion it's a great starter castle, my mum has a place down in Philip Island and the prices have boomed in the last 10 years down that way. If you like the lifestyle I'd say go for it, hard to replicate at current price guide. I'll be somewhat jealous but personally I like older buildings (like old Warehouses and workshops). Still it's a great set up.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It would cost a fortune for the maid to come in and dust everything off.

I like the idea of the busted Porsche in the back of the garage.

On those days when you get frustrated while working on the Zed, you just walk to the back, grab a baseball bat, and beat the crap out of the Porsche.

Once you feel relaxed , it's back to work on the Zed. ( Zed Therapy).

Really though. Nice, but a bit cluttered for my liking.