NEW OEM H4 headlights

C.A.R.

• Moderators

Toshiba and Stanley headlights were also fitted in the USA not sure if fitted to Australian cars

Pity the Koito lenses are flat so nothing like the originals only the name is the same.

So is it better to have convex lenses with halogen inserts that look original or flat Koito lenses ??

Nick

Hi

It is a shame they are not convex, but personally I am willing to sacrifice th convex lens to get the quality glass unit.

Cheers

PB

G'day Peter , do they have the park light in them as well ?.

Regards : Alan.

...do they have the park light in them as well ?. 

I'm not Peter, but I can confirm that they do not have an integrated parking light.

Edited by GongZ

• Moderators

Hi,

I am Peter, and Ian is correct, no parker bulb.

These lamp are OE for late model 40 & 60 series Landcruisers and they have separate park/turn lamps.

Just out of interest why the need for the park bulb fitting ?

Cheers

PB

Hi Peter , when i went to install the original lamps H4 which I bought from Warren some years ago they were of Indian descent with the park light set up in them. I am going to change them for the better quality Toyoto units with stronger globes installed.

Regards: Alan. 

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Peter is spot on , I rang Toyota Windsor NSW parts & quoted the parts # to the spare parts guy & asked him to order me a pair only to be told that they were $121.00 per box containing one lamp only , tried to tell him that there were two in a box . He checked with his manager who agreed with him so I didn't get them there , contacted Ryde Toyota spare parts man who also didn't know but checked it out & agreed that there were two per box & charged me $111.00 total , they were delivered that afternoon . Couldn't have asked for better service .

Regards : Alan .

I got a set today from Motorama, Browns Plains, Qld.  $111.32. Ordered yesterday lunchtime and they were there in the morning today.  Again, they tried to tell me there was only one in the box but I assured them that there would be two.  Very Good.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2016 at 7:14 PM, NickF said:

Toshiba and Stanley headlights were also fitted in the USA not sure if fitted to Australian cars

Pity the Koito lenses are flat so nothing like the originals only the name is the same.

So is it better to have convex lenses with halogen inserts that look original or flat Koito lenses ??

Nick

It is possible to have both but very difficult to find.. It is a sealed beam halogen and is a throw away item like the original sealed beam. Must have been the latest and greatest technology post sealed beam but pre h4 bulb insert style