Rudolfs 2+2: The gleaming emerald......

Did you buy just the rear section of the exhaust? I tried to buy just the rear through Jesse as well but ReinhardJPN wouldn't sell just the rear and wanted drug money for the whole kit?

Thanks.

david

Did you buy just the rear section of the exhaust? I tried to buy just the rear through Jesse as well but ReinhardJPN wouldn't sell just the rear and wanted drug money for the whole kit?

Thanks.

david

Reinhard were having a 30% off sale last week David. Makes it a tiny bit cheaper but still exy I think.

your right, and i had the same issue, but this is not a Reinhard system, its a Fujitsubo system. And they do sell the rear only section.

As far as im aware, they are the only other ones to make a exhaust like this type.

I only wanted the rear section too. Problem i have, is that the Bus is longer than a 2 seater, so it would not fit anyway if i got the full system.

Not cheap, it was over $700 to get it to my door, but hey, its the exhaust i wanted.... full system would have been $1300 if i recall. Then id still have to get it modified to fit my car, so more money there.

Rudolf.

• Moderators

Nice work Rudolf...

+3 with the exhaust pics. I once bought a Fujitsubo system for an Evo 8; best quality I have ever seen in welds, bends etc. Again, wasn't cheap as well (around $1200) but sounded great without being attracting the wrong attention.

• Moderators

Rudolf

Can't believe I have missed your build thread - another Z in Sydney and a Blue 2+2 (my favourite colour)

Nice Work, slowly but surely you will get there.

Cheers

PB

• Administrators

I really like the way your build is coming along mate. Car is looking good, yep you're broke as a result. I think we all know that feeling. At least you're going to be making it much more reliable and good idea on the fire extinguisher.

I really like the way your build is coming along mate. Car is looking good, yep you're broke as a result. I think we all know that feeling. At least you're going to be making it much more reliable and good idea on the fire extinguisher.

I have a workmate who just finished a 4 year build on a stroked VL 5L, he keeps telling me that ill end up doing things twice, to bite the bullet and strip her down now and rebuild from scratch, trust me i agree with him, i just enjoy driving this darn car too much, i want to keep her running until something major breaks, then ill tear her down... im thinking engine, because im giving her hell, and i chew threw 1L of oil every 400km's  ;D that and it leaks oil from the head gasket.

Anyway, update time!

UPDATE 17.7.13:  a new motor!

I bought a new... well... not really... anyway, bought a L28 for the nugget. The old bloke was so nice, he let me keep his custom engine stand, which was a home made bird poo welded shopping trolley! I'm honestly surprised it didn't snap off the stand and fall off the back of the box trailer on the way home.

Engine is a  N42 head and N42 block, so meh, standard standard....

Rudolf

Edited by CroS13

Hey Rudolf.

Nice pipes man!

Could you do me a favor and provide dimensions of the rear muffler, diameter, length and pipe size?

Thanks

David.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

UPDATE 8/10/13: New autometer gauges.

So Ive been waiting a while for bits and pieces to trickle in from overseas, and getting a few things made, there wasn't much i could really do in the engine bay, so i turned my attention to the cabin.

Now a while back Locky i think, mentioned how my aftermarket clock didn't sit right up the top, and it looked out of place, which i agree, it did.

So i decided to pull my finger out and make a new cluster for the radio slot, as i didn't have one and there was a gaping hole there. It helped that my auto meter volt gauge rocked up at my door, so there was no excuses.

paint the panel, fit everything up, and hey presto, view from front and back with all switches rewired:

35109818854_fc423d75aa_b.jpg

35817576511_89e4eae06d_b.jpg

and finished and working:

35949762975_1f174a0829_b.jpg

Edited by CroS13

• Moderators

I was hoping for a one finger salute at the broken studs a few posts before... oh well.

That's what i like about the zed... easy to get plugs are available to extend looms etc. Great work!

^^^

To be honest, i have no idea yet. It is an issue which i will need to deal with, it will be shame to cut up the nice headers, i most likely will just re split it up. Have no idea what it will do for performance, perhaps someone else might have some better insight.

Rudolf.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE 25/10/13 = Painted rocker cover & fuel system?

So Ive been busy lately trying to sort out my fuel system. Ive decided to make use of the factory hard lines running under the car, but to modify them.

I Plan on Cutting the hard pipes just before the firewall, and got my Pirtek sub contractor at work to make me some Olive compression fittings with AN6 fitting on the end, allowing me to continue my fuel lines as braided line either proflow or aeroflow.

I also got myself a Aeromotive Fuel pressure regulator, return style and low PSI to feed my bike carbs, which i plan on mounting on the firewall

The painter at work was nice enough to paint my rocker cover for me, its a colour from a old Honda, and here it is fitted with my nice new Leads:

35779305802_69541897e9_b.jpg

Looks like a new motor now! hahah still blows smoke like a chimney, which i suspect is old valve stem seals, ill attack that once the engine is back up and running with my carbs.

Rudolf.

Edited by CroS13