Adelaide all Japan day 10 march 2013

zzzzed

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chaps,

Since i will be takeing the track car on the trailer i have been informed

i will need to be there earlier as to unload car then go park trailer elsewhere.

This may bugger up our meet plans.

Cheers

Paul

Cheers Roberto for awesome brekki.

And congratulation on the Roberto jnr. Greg heard him say DadTsun allready. I was there  ;)

Im not sure how you guys got on with the heat after i left but was stinkin hot.

Did any cars ge defected on the way out. Boys in blue were writing plates down just before i left.

Hope all went good with you boys. Great to see everyone again with one of the best Z's in Adelaide

Paul your damn patina seem to worked with crowds.

See yous soon again.

You awsome day. Except my knee caps got major burned. I must have missed them with the lotion.

I agree Paul. We need more catch up time.

Will definetly be doing it again next year. Hopefuly we will bring more zeds to the party next year.

Ledge sounds like a good idea.

Zzzzzed yeah definetly hopefully next year one of mine be joining as well if not 2.

Sorry had to leave u guys but i think u guys had it better than me. Try working and fitting an engine on the sun. But nothing matters for a z mate. Proven we stronger than mother nature.

We lost one z from SA but gained a very good new auszcar member soon. We should see progres of my old 73 here which makes me happy.

Chat soon. 

Cheers Roberto for awesome brekki.

And congratulation on the Roberto jnr. Greg heard him say DadTsun allready. I was there  ;)

No worries. Yeah, at 7 weeks he's already got his eye on the zed. :P

We should have a monthly beer at every ones Houses or sheds what do you think.

Great idea.  Count me in.  :)

Hi Guys,

Yes good day out in the sun,

pregnant mrs. doesnt help to stay out an chat with the boys.

Was good to catch up with the few I caught up with.

There were some excellent examples of pure modified jap cars, some local some imported.

My highlights were....

2 x green rx4's

1 x ra23 celica, black metalic pearl, nice well presented car this, (near the boys zeds too made it easy to see!)

Orange 180b 4 door and orange gem tc/td coupe next to it.

the lexo sc6 thing in the middle.

the blue corona wagon 2jz powered, (very nicely built retrofit, extremely well fitted and positioned in the engine bay, el grandma spec, quite liked it)

the black 1600 and the black rx3/4 nearby.....

Some bad examples, but im sure the owners think they are pimp!!!!.

s14 with stitch welded eyebrows over the tyres, (great example of how not to weld too!!)

just some bog stock barely mod'd adm s114/15's cmon lift your game.

Looooved the Red GTR (replica if it is or not, dont care) this was an absolute stunna, loved the presence of this thing.

anywho, no more BS.

i need to get my wheels out there, no more fn around......

nat0

Hey guys,

I went along to All Japan Day after lunch and was blown away by the zeds on display! I saw you all organising to get them lined up on the forums and couldn't wait to get down for a look.

Absolute hats off to you all on some brilliant modification and restoration work.

Paul, thanks for taking the time to have a quick chat with me at the end of the day - as I mentioned, really love how the patina project has worked out. I'm a little disappointed I live on the plains and don't get to see you driving around a little more  :-[

I'm looking at getting back into a zed asap because I really do miss the character of the things, they are just a pleasure to drive and appreciate. Hopefully I'll have one again soon and be a bit more active on the forums.

Congratulations all on a great show, from a real fan and enthusiast it was an absolute highlight to see some of your hard work first hand.

Cheers,

James

Nice work guys, that's the best 'Z' turnout at an AJD yet - in the past there's been about 2-cars tops.  Unfortunately, I couldn't make it this year - the DR30 Hardtop had just run out of seasonal reg and the Z is still in the shed (yes, still...). Quietly hopeful that it might be able to make an appearance next year, if I can afford a new ECU before then.

Greg, you need to take one of your cars, not Nicks '280Z'!  :D