TAFE COURSE - Sydney - St George

PeterAllen

Just spoke to Erin who is the course coordinator. She can be reached on 9217 5270. The phone number listed on the TAFE website was wrong.

Anyway, the course runs for 9 weeks at 5:30 to 8:30 on Tuesday nights and costs $470 ($17 per hour). That is the complete course and if you would like to do it again it's up to you. The February start is filling up but there are some places left. The April one has a lot more places available.

Sounds like they will run it again in the second semester so if you wanted to start with the April one and then do a repeat you can do so then.

Who is interested and for which term?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...That is the complete course and if you would like to do it again it's up to you. The February start is filling up but there are some places left. The April one has a lot more places available.

Sounds like they will run it again in the second semester so if you wanted to start with the April one and then do a repeat you can do so then.

George et al. It is not a structured course with a set curriculum. There are 'new starters' and chaps who have been doing it for years. On the first night you simple tell the teacher, Mark Natoli, (http://natolipanelcreations.com.au/)  what your present skills are and he will take it from there. As a novice he can give you some exercises, e.g. make a hubcap, bonnet scoop, etc and he will give you a hand all the way showing you the techniques needed. Alternatively, for old farts like me,  we simply say "g'day" and he lets me do my own thing until I ask him for assistance. It is a very friendly, non-intimidating environment.

Note: Parking is a PITA, get there early, particularly at the start of a new year.

• Administrators

Who is interested and for which term?

Did you mean start with the February 1 and do it again in April?

I am interested in starting in February, if it means I have the option to continue on again in April. I am sure the Safari project will take longer than a few weeks to sort out it's problems ;).

• Administrators

Sounds good, I guess we should just enroll and if others want to join they can try and get in to the same class?

Is it better to call Erin to enroll - since last time I filled in the web based form and I'm not convinced it's working properly so think it's better to secure via phone?

• Administrators

George give her a call and she'll send you the details along with payment options. I can't pay yet I'm waiting until I get paid next, so I can't secure a spot until then, but I'm doing the course that starts in Feb if possible.

• Administrators

I promise I won't pike out haha. After buying the welder, Christmas and the final fee for importing the rx7 with Iron Chef I'm a little broke till pay day that's all ;).

• Administrators

Mark (mossy's) mig he only used a few times. There is a thread that mentions exact model etc.. Its a cigweld unit I think.

Thread is here, was on mobile previously so harder to find thread.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,13766.0.html

Signed up. Some info for anyone else that might be interested.

Course Name : 29588 Introduction to Vehicle Restoration

Start Date: Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Finish Date: Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Course delivery: 9 X Tuesday Evenings, 5:30 - 8:30 PM

Course location: St George College Cnr Princes Hwy and President Ave Kogarah, Building G 2.04

Course Coordinator : Erin Hinchey 02 9217 5270

Email: sydneytafe.transport@tafensw.edu.au

Notes: Participants need to bring leather riggers gloves, ear muffs, clear safety glasses (other PPE requirements will be discussed on the first night)

Participants need to wear cotton long sleeve overalls or cotton drill trousers and long sleeve cotton work shirt

this is awesome! me n some mates have been talking about this for a while.

would be very interested in signing up. i have no experience at all and have always wanted to get in on this.

How many people fr this forum have signed up for the FEB course?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Just saw your PM mate. I understand and will still sign up on Wednesday.

Mate if I become a competent welder / metal worker I'll be happy to help out with #19.