Sign in to follow this  
XRQTR

JSK/Wilwood 4 pot 2 piece disk group buy

News just to hand................ he will make the rear single spot hand brake caliper brackets as well, total cost for the adaptor kits, both front and rear ( not including rotors and calipers ) with the discount will be $638.40 plus $38 shipping fee.

As for the calipers and brackets Lurch has already looked into these here in Oz and has a good lead on the remaining parts which aren't very expensive.

Who's in still so we can start to organize it all??

For those of you that haven't seen them here are some pics

wilwooddattorear.jpg

wilwooddattofront.jpg

spotcaliperbrackets.jpg

Stef,

I don't have a contact for making anything (ie caliper brackets for the front).

I suggest whoever purchases a kit to either buy the front brackets from JSK or make them yourselves.

Wilwood Rotors & Calipers are available from places like Meridian Motorsport:

http://www.mmsport.com.au/Wilwood_Components.php

count me in for both front and rear brackets :D is that shipping fee including the one to my door? or where abouts are you located?

just wondering which hubs are needed for them also, as some of the stuff on hybridz iv'e read says u need 280z hubs, which would mean late 260z hubs? or its all the same? and which brake master cylinder is recommended?

with the calipers i have a hard time trying to work out what all the differences are that i care about with the different types wilwood have, specially since they post up left and right versions...

i think there should be a set cut off date for the group buy for in a months time or sooner. pm me where you want any money deposited

I'm keen.  I'll see if I can get some quotes on what the discs and callipers will cost me over the next few days.  If they're not too expensive then I'll go ahead with it for sure.  Also interested in Zedevan's question about the front hubs?

The list so far:

XRQTR

Zedevan

Scando

eddii

MyZisslow

I only put the names that have shown interest to this point, if you have changed your mind and will not be participating in the group buy could you please let me know either by posting or pm'ing me, thanks.

I will get onto Meridian sometime today or tomorrow to get pricing on the calipers and rotors.

Did a fair bit of research yesterday and the callipers in this kit are no bigger than what I'm already running on the front.  I can't justify spending that sort of money just to upgrade my rears so I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out of the group buy.  I hope this doesn't stuff it up for the rest of you, sorry.

exchange rate is awesome atm...lets get this thing happening :D mayb a for sale add on ozdat would help get some wider interest?

is that price in AU$ or US$? i assumed AU?

The list so far:

XRQTR

Zedevan

eddii

MyZisslow

V8Datto

This Brake Group buy is too good to pass up on, I hope you guy's get the numbers for the go-ahead

Guys sorry that I've taken some time, anyway I have spoken to Daniel at Meridian Motorsports and after chatting to him I think we may need to change things a little, he advised me that the Wilwoods do not have dust seals. This being the case they need to be rebuilt at each pad change but more importantly they will not pas ADR if you choose to go down that path.

I have given him the part numbers of the calipers and rotors that we need and he is going to cross reference them to see what else we could use, possibly with the bracket kit. He suggested the Outlaw calipers which are actually cheaper but are equipped with dust seals so are lower maintanance, however if your intention is purely for race then the Wilwoods will be fine as otherwise you will melt the seals.

Again I apologise for the delay, but want you to know that I am trying to do the right thing by everyone by getting as much info and facts as I can before we throw any money away.

Cheers

Stef

hi stef can you pm the final price hadnt seen thread till today sounds like a good deal so let me know once you have a total price

as for adr your gonna find it damn hard to meet adr with any modification last time i had my rally car inspected by overly strict inspector was told car needed std seat belts in place to meet adr even though i had 4 pt harness fitted even told me needed to fit std radiator shroud also basically anything not fitted as per factory wont meet adr

mick

Hey guys, firstly sorry for the delays but I have been having problems with my internet for about the last month, secondly I recieved back an email from Meridian Motorsports and they can do no where near the price of the JSK list price.

As for the billet dyna pro calipers I will have to get some pricing on them first.

Now can I please have a list of those of you still interested, just copy the list, add your name and paste it in your reply post, thanks and again apologies for the delays.

LIST

XRQTR - Stef

Hey guys, firstly sorry for the delays but I have been having problems with my internet for about the last month, secondly I recieved back an email from Meridian Motorsports and they can do no where near the price of the JSK list price.

As for the billet dyna pro calipers I will have to get some pricing on them first.

Now can I please have a list of those of you still interested, just copy the list, add your name and paste it in your reply post, thanks and again apologies for the delays.

LIST

XRQTR - Stef

XRQTR - Stef

Charlie Boy

Also I should have said that if anyone is a member of any interstate Z clubs could they start a thread their also to see if we can get some more interested parties to increase the group number.

That list again so far, add yourself if you're interested

XRQTR - Stef

Charlie Boy

V8Datto

Zedevan

Thanks again

Stef

Guys I don't know whats going on with these people, I have sent them 2 emails in the past couple of weeks and not had a response to either of them. I personally am getting a bit tired of non responsive companies that come across all smiles to start and then go quiet as the time gets closer.

I'm thinking maybe give them a little more time but if nothing comes of it then maybe go for the 4 pot nissan R32/33 brakes and get some brackets made up locally, the cost wouldn't be too much different and the spare parts would be a bit more easily accessibe.

Anyway that's my feelings at the moment, just wondering what everyone else is thinking.

Cheers

Stef

LOL I think Juan at JSK must read these forums LOL, I got a response this morning:

Stef. I'm moving onto your request.

I'm going to have a 3d image of the caliper brackets done as well provide a quote on the job.

I will do my best to place the spot caliper bracket in an area that is ideal for cable hookup and not interfere with our current design.  Right now I cannot provide the little tedious hardware for cable hook up. I'm hoping those who are interested there can help each other out with cable connection as I'm in a time constraint.

So we will start with the basics and go from there. I will get back to you asap

Thanks again - Juan

So yeah this is where it stands at the moment I guess, I know I'm not in a great rush but in saying that I don't want to be waiting forever, I dare say they have alot on right now so we'll see how it all goes I guess.

i'm not in a rush, as long as there ends up being an option for 12"+ vented rotors with decent calipers for hopefully less than 2g all up withing a year that can be engineered i'm happy.

keep up the good work

Yeah I'm not bothered to wait a bit, get the part's right the first time rather than rush it and have to modify them or something.

Thanks, keep us posted