240z 260z CF door cards

Sirpent

Hi crew

I was over at HybridZ and came across something I have been looking for for ages, carbon fibe door cards.

There is a thread dating back over a couple of years, many have fitted these and vouch for their quality and fit.

The card requires the original card metal header that runs the felt lacing, just incase anyone was wondering.

The guy who makes them will only do them in a batch run, Im interested in finding out what kind of money he would be looking at including shipping to Oz.

Is there anyone else that may be interested in a group purchase if the price is right?

Cheers

John

Expressions of interest so far .............

1 Sirpent - Carbon Fibre

2 Dat240Z - Carbon Fibre

3 redrbzed - Carbon Fibre

4 Ledge - Carbon Fibre

5 nizm0zed - Carbon Fibre

6 KatoKid - Carbon Fibre

7 Gav240z ® - Carbon Fibre

8 MaygZ - Fibre Glass No Speaker mount

9 Johnboy - Fibre Glass with Speaker mount

post-1356-144023700725_thumb.jpg

A heads up

Also available is this fibro version which encompases a speaker mount.

You can see the original header and the fit on this example looks great.

Ive sent a msg to the guy who makes them saying there could be up to 10 of us interested, please advise which version you might be interested in if you post here.

Cheers

John

post-1356-144023700735_thumb.jpg

Could be in....Hybridz linky?

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/101709-fiberglass-door-panels-wspeaker-holes/

There are a couple of long threads scattered about dating all the way back to 2008, however I believe around $400-$450 for the carbon as far as I can tell

Do you have a rough idea on price yet? I would only be interested if they were a lot cheaper than OEM units new from Nissan.

Gav with respect, if you are looking to create a concourse car then I would never go for these as far as originality, the simple fact here is that these will have the longevity that many are looking for in more daily drivers, provide better insulating qualities, and provide a base to allow a retrim to OEM look that used boards just wont allow you to.

I have posted an example of one of these cards retrimmed to show what posible.

Cheers

John

post-1356-14402370079_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Hey mate yeah I am a bit of a stickler for original but I'm not a huge fan of the cardboard Nissan used since once water gets into them they warp. However that pic you posted looks as good as OEM to me and more durable.

Any idea who in Australia would be good at doing such trim work?

Hey mate yeah I am a bit of a stickler for original but I'm not a huge fan of the cardboard Nissan used since once water gets into them they warp. However that pic you posted looks as good as OEM to me and more durable.

Any idea who in Australia would be good at doing such trim work?

Pat Mesita

Sunshine motor trimming

Pat has taken out National awards for his OEM reproduction work on numerous 1950's restored classics, not to mntion ferrari and Porcshe retrim work he dose.

Cheers

John

Gav, bit of an aside, but what do the NOS sets cost? Bastard things to find in good nick second hand.

$610.00 a set

These are reproductions from a few years ago when Nissan was restoring and selling 240Z in the States.

Is it just me, or is anyone else thinking of just keeping the Carbon look? not reskinning to be OEM?

I have a carbon tunnel/rear wheel housing and am not sure if its overkill............

Is it just me, or is anyone else thinking of just keeping the Carbon look? not reskinning to be OEM?

I have a carbon tunnel/rear wheel housing and am not sure if its overkill............

Im only looking at CF because of its long term durability and strength, so I will be going for full trimming over the top, that said, a good trimmer and some imagination and you could leave part of it uncovered as an accent.

Regardless, because of the steel header you will need to get some padding/trimming done across the top.

You're wahhhhhht.......going to buy CF and then cover it up! That's one for the books.

David

You know I should be in an asylum, did you expect anything less from me? seriously ?

Cheers

John