Z Car Fan in Melbourne - EDIT: Bought a Car!

Hi all,

Z car fan currently living in Melbourne. I was living overseas for a long time and wasn't able to own a car during that time but I've recently returned to Australia and so I'm currently in the market for a nice original 2-seater 240 or 260z.

My father, who is probably also on this forum somewhere, has a very nice 280zx that he is doing a bare metal restoration on.

I'm looking to buy over the next few weeks and once I do I'll surely have a lot of questions and will be in the market for parts.

Daniel.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Welcome Daniel,

Keep an eye on the for sale threads and everywhere else for that matter...good zeds pop up then sell almost instantly...as they say, you snooze, you lose! (and keep saving those pennies)

Hi Daniel and welcome. You move fast if you have found a zed already , be sure to come to the VicZed BBQ and show us what you have bought, and its a opportunity to get some good ideas from the Zeds on display and talk to all the guys. Cheers Gordon.

Hi Daniel and welcome. You move fast if you have found a zed already , be sure to come to the VicZed BBQ and show us what you have bought, and its a opportunity to get some good ideas from the Zeds on display and talk to all the guys. Cheers Gordon.

Thanks Gordon. Yeah, I've actually been on the lookout for cars for a couple months but now that I've finally found the right car, I thought that I'd better register as I'll have a lot of questions very shortly!

Very nice !

I agree with Simon, I also had an accident when I saw it !

If youre thinking of going manual drop me a line, I have the complete drivetrain available.

Cheers

John

• Administrators

When you factor in the cost of restoring a poor example to this condition, you realise that no matter what you paid for this car, you probably got a cracking deal.

I think I had the same reaction as everyone else when I saw the pictures!

I don't think you can get a car in better condition than that! Congrats on the purchase.

I'm sure you'll obtain a roadworthy certificate for this without an issue.

Thanks guys, you wouldn't believe how excited I was when I saw the condition of the car.

If youre thinking of going manual drop me a line, I have the complete drivetrain available.

I will definitely do that, John. Converting it to manual will probably be the only things that I do to the car.

Nice car man, looks like you have done your home work. I would recommend DJM, he will look after you (if he still does RWC) how much if any needs to be done, looks really clean. Now you have to bring it to the Xmas BBQ .lol.

I'll give DJM a call on Wednesday and see if they can help. Thanks guys.

It's actually a sad story with the car. The bloke I bought from spent a significant bit of money on it only to run into bad health and he is now unable to drive. He only managed to put 5000km on it. Every single aspect of the car was completely restored and it has barely been driven since then so I doubt it will have problems with the RWC. I'm realistic about the age of these cars but I think I should be OK.

I'll definitely come along for the Christmas BBQ. Hopefully I can convince the old man to get his Z rolling by that time too.

Another shot of the car:

Uw9fe.jpg

I'm actually a photographer and videographer by trade so once I actually get the car in Melbourne, I'll probably be spamming you with pictures.

Holy hell, the engine bay looks stunning.

Agree with above; it'd be interesting to know the ballpark (just roughly) value that a Z of such condition would fetch.

Keen to see some professional photos of it then!

Credit to the previous owner too; looks like he's done a great job. Poor guy :(