'Haliday to Bright' 8-11th Feb.

sco_aus

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good morning gents. Well let's get some organising going here for the Vic boys.

At the moment my plan although flexible is to leave Melbourne around 9.00am. We would be heading up the Melba Hwy so if anyone wants to meet up At Lilydale let me know. From there we will connect to the Hume Hwy at Euroa (Just before Benella) at maybe 11.15. Maybe we can meet up with the Ballarat boys there. Same with Wes & Maggie. From there we can convoy to Bright, possibly stopping at Chuckers along the way for lunch which is just past Glenrowan. ETA for Bright maybe 2.00pm or just a tad earlier on Friday 8th.

Let me know if this works for the Vic boys or you want to change anything.

Don't forget to bring your CB Radio's. I will bring a few BBQ implements as I would like to have a BBQ lunch by the lake (Sat or Sun) up at Mt Buffallo if everyone is OK with that.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone including the ACT/NSW guys for a few beers.  ;D

Everyone going please throw up here confirmation of you plans and times.

You slackers not taking the Friday and Monday off?

Well if you like maybe what we should do, depending on the weather is meet up in Bright town around 11 or 11.30 then we can all drive up to Mt Buffallo for a big BBQ lunch or meet up there around 12.30. Sort of a meet and great and beer if people are happy with that. Then the next day we might drive to Hotham if people are keen. Either that or Falls Creek.

OK John, let's work on a 9.30am hook up in Lilydale out front of the Bunning's I think it is. Place on the left in the service road.

No worries Dale see you at Euroa.

Act guys we will have to catch up maybe at the big brewery near the Water slide into the Oven River. Good place for a beer around 3 on Friday maybe?

Oh and bring your togs. It might be well into the 30's and I found an awesome water hole for jumping 5-10 meters off a rock into massive deep river. Great fun. :D

37 fricken degrees predicted for friday.....Im gonna die in the cabin with that black vinyl ! Get the car trailer ready  :o

Scott, I thought you where leaving 2-ish ?

The good news is on the accomodation website it says they have split system aircons , Now I just need to confirm how many kW !!!

37 fricken degrees predicted for friday.....Im gonna die in the cabin with that black vinyl ! Get the car trailer ready  :o

Scott, I thought you where leaving 2-ish ?

Yeah I am a bit confused on what we are doing on which day.  So Friday is the brewery thing which I won't be able to make on time.  Then I was thinking Hotham on Saturday or Sunday for lunch?

Good morning Gents, I will call Bright info this morning and see if the road to Falls Creek is open as an option to replace the Hotham drive. Given the hot weather I think the BBQ at Buffalo might be a Subway sandwich affair as fires might be a problem. Stay tuned and I will update here soon.  ;)

Hi Craig,

I have been discussing this with Pauly. I am not in the position to get Fri & Mon off unfortunately but will attempt to get to Bright for one day over the weekend. As discussed with Pauly we will probably do this on Sat. It is greatly appreciated if you can continue to post what you are all likely to be doing on each day, so we know where to catch up with you all.

Looking forward to meeting everyone then.

Regards

Peter

OK guys I just called the info people and got some good news. The road from bright is open all the way to Mt Beauty and on up to Falls Creek. We will do Falls Creek drive on the Saturday and Mt Buffalo the Sunday. Mt Buffalo does have electric BBQ's up there so the barby is still a go ahead. I recommend we buy some meat and bread and have a lazy lunch up there. Falls Creek will have a cafe open for us as well. I am thinking either way early starts could be the go to miss the heat then in the arvo we swim or stay cool somewhere unless those are still keen to keep driving in the sauna we call a Zed.

So I am confirming everyone seems good to go.

For those arriving Friday arvo when it is meant to be real hot. I might take you all for a drive to this local water hole for a swim. It is awesome.

Peter and Pauly maybe we can meet you guys up at Falls Creek for lunch........by the time you guys get there?

I also made Mt Buffalo on the Sunday because it is less of a drive and for those wanting to leave on the Sunday it will make life easier by heading off after the BBQ lunch up there.

Anyone wanting the option to come up through Gippsland would be to Bairnsdale to Omeo then the Omeo highway out past the Blue Duck at Anglers Rest then the Buckety High plains Rd over the Rocky Valley Dam to Falls Creek.Then down through the Bogong Village to Mount Beauty, then over the Towonga Gap to Bright.

You wont get a better drive in a Zed...Hope that helps

Peter and Pauly maybe we can meet you guys up at Falls Creek for lunch........by the time you guys get there?

I also made Mt Buffalo on the Sunday because it is less of a drive and for those wanting to leave on the Sunday it will make life easier by heading off after the BBQ lunch up there.

Saturday at Falls Creek sounds good to me. I look forward to seeing you all there.

Regards Peter