Interesting Custom Rear End

Toecutter

• Administrators

I must say it's better than alot of custom attempts I've seen. This is a panterra (I think) rear hatch modification. I remember seeing pictures on the net about 6 or so years back. I've got some photo's in my archive or some zeds in the US with this mod.

When I first got into Zeds the first one I looked at was a 2+2 which was red with the modified hatch like this, it also had the front guards massaged to look like a Ferrari GTO. I didn't buy the car thank god, but it was kinda unique.

I wonder if he still get's fumes now that the shape is modified?

• 9 months later...

I like the round lights. The tub in the hatch is a bit povo for my likings.

I am going to put round lights in the back of my ZED, but instead of the recess I want a smooth look like my very rough rough photoshop attached. Also slightly recessed lights like a skyline or corvette.

*Sorry to who evers car it is I have abolished.

post-930-144023486216_thumb.jpg

Ha Ha that's my brothers car. Rear came up OK though. I also thought about going round lights on the rear. I couldn't be convinced. Plus it wouldn't endear it's self to the mass's or traditionalists. So I modified the originals slightly.

yeah i was never a fan of the 260z rear.

240 i can live with but 260z no way. As time is against me ive only did a colour coding to make it bit different. but my rear beaver panel is modified to accomodate the future R32 rear lights conversion which is on the back burner for the time being.

i did purchase a 240k rear round light combo like the above 240z but ended up selling it (for lot more than i paid) so kinda never went for it. i guess its passable.would be interesting to get the set from the 240k skyline coupe as one is larger than the other GTR style. may fill the back a bit better on the 2+2.

maybe dont the line ill attempt it but for now stays as it is.

yeah i was never a fan of the 260z rear.

240 i can live with but 260z no way. As time is against me ive only did a colour coding to make it bit different. but my rear beaver panel is modified to accomodate the future R32 rear lights conversion which is on the back burner for the time being.

i did purchase a 240k rear round light combo like the above 240z but ended up selling it (for lot more than i paid) so kinda never went for it. i guess its passable.would be interesting to get the set from the 240k skyline coupe as one is larger than the other GTR style. may fill the back a bit better on the 2+2.

maybe dont the line ill attempt it but for now stays as it is.

I think you will find that the 240k skyline C110 tail lights are both the same size :) it is the chrome surround that is larger on the outer unit which makes it look larger. I have some C210 JDM lights that I plan to install in my 260z, I went for these are they are the right period ie 1976, are from a Skyline to match the RB/Skyline power that I will be putting in the car - however as I just want the car back on the road I will look at install these at a later stage. Here is a pic of the lights that I have.

post-104-14402348622_thumb.jpg

240K not ZED but a fairly similar car close to the rear end modification I want. Just without the spoiler

post-930-144023486439_thumb.jpg

Hi, don't want to take this off topic too much but thought i'd post in here rather then starting a new thread. I'm an S130 driver and as you know theres a few ugly things about them but i'm wanting to fix one of them, the rear bumper. I'm looking at completely removing it and glassing in a custom panel to smooth the back and give the car a sleeker/uninterrupted flow.

I'm just concerned with Victorian road rules when it comes to having bumpers and an accesible tow point. Are they both required or just recommended?

cheers.

Hey Dave, Not sure about the rules in regard to bumpers, but I recently (last week!) redone my rear end and it has cleaned it up great.  you can check out the process I undertook in the general forums titles 'holiday fun'

Rev.

post-646-144023487237_thumb.jpg

post-646-144023487242_thumb.jpg

post-646-144023487282_thumb.jpg

that cleaned up real nice and neat, i'm gonna get a mate to grab some of this blue sculpting foam from his uni to create the bit i want glassed and then use it as a mold. I'll post some pics if/when i get round to it.

I'm also playing with ideas for a better shaped and higher front end, (maybe modify the one i've got with glass) for when I put some lowered springs in, but i don't think ive ever seen a 280's front end that doesn't look trashy to some degree.

nice clean looking rear end reverendzed.

dave I am interested in your modification. post some pics when you are finished

This is a custom easy to do tail light conversion. Buy the lights off ebay and use the original surrounds.

post-930-144023487322_thumb.jpg