Sign in to follow this  
dfws77

Atara Racing (Watanabe RS8 Styled) 15x9, -tive 13 offset, PCD 114.3 FS.

Hi Guys,

I have few sets of Watanabe RS8 styled wheels for sale. The specs are 15x9, -tive 13 offset, PCD 114.3 x 4 lugs. Compatible to all ol' Z's. Myself installed into my S130. $845 exclude shipping charges. Let me know if you are interested. Limited supplies only. Only Matt Black is available.

img4806c.jpg

mg6974a.jpg

mg6967a.jpg

7tune.jpg

38986610150461160534537.jpg

Hi there, welcome, first time poster.

We here in Australia have no idea who you are, but a few of us would be interested in these.

Would you consider appointing an Australian distributor? If so, i would be able to onsell these into various market demographics.

Do you have access to good supply, and other sizes?

If you were to send some sets over on approvall, once sold on to customers, i can transfer funds.

Also, what freight costs for multiple sets, and expected time of delivery into Brisbane Australia?

Thanks

Hi there, welcome, first time poster.

We here in Australia have no idea who you are, but a few of us would be interested in these.

Would you consider appointing an Australian distributor? If so, i would be able to onsell these into various market demographics.

Do you have access to good supply, and other sizes?

If you were to send some sets over on approvall, once sold on to customers, i can transfer funds.

Also, what freight costs for multiple sets, and expected time of delivery into Brisbane Australia?

Thanks

Hi dat2kman,

Thanks for the advise. I was not aware of the rules and after reading it I have posted my first timer. hehehehehe. I will PM you some details. Thanks for your interest.

Danny

They look really nice, my concern with any kind of 'knock off' or copy of the original is in terms of quality. What company is manufacturing these and what kind of quality are they made to?

A quick search for Atara racing reveals nothing - no website and no details in the manufacturing process.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Atara+racing

Could Watanabe wheel caps be used with these?

Any plans to make other colors available? Would really like to see them with black center and polished outer edge.

They look really nice, my concern with any kind of 'knock off' or copy of the original is in terms of quality. What company is manufacturing these and what kind of quality are they made to?

A quick search for Atara racing reveals nothing - no website and no details in the manufacturing process.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Atara+racing

Could Watanabe wheel caps be used with these?

Any plans to make other colors available? Would really like to see them with black center and polished outer edge.

Understand your concern and doubts. Atara Racing is my brand and it's sort of an underground brand back in Malaysia. This is me first time trying to sell it out internationally. Limited sets are available as I am using high quality alloy for these guys. Been tested in drag and drift back home for quality testing. Weight is 8.28kg include the box and without box is 7.4kg. The CB is 73 and if the Watanabe wheel caps are that size then it should work. Currently I have Matt Black and Gun Metal but GM is already out of stock. I am not too sure will I make it with other colors in future as this is just my pet project for some fun. Thanks for your interest in it. Cheers. :D

I'd like to get a couple sets in, colour no issue, easy to re powdercoat to whatever.

Biggest issue is Australian ADR design rules and specifications requirements, for road use.

Track use would not be any isdue.

What is bare rim weight?

Do you know what "JJ" means in regard to tyre fitments?

If made in small batch runs at a local casting foundry, and if there ate any inclusions, what recourse in case of a failure. Insurance companies will void all insurances.

Your price IS attractive though!

why would you just go for the rota RKR if you wanted a knock off wat. Atleast they are up to spec and road legal.

These wheels has passed our local Malaysia Road Transport legality but I am not too sure will it be the same as Aussie. These wheels are not made from my backyard or local foundry. They are from a well known manufacturer in Taiwan and they made quite a number of wheels and some of it you might have heard of before but of coz I will not tell. hehehehe. Anyways they are 9JJ and the best tyres to fit em will be 235 but it's gonna be tough to find it. I am stretching it front with 195 (hankook) and rear with 205 (Federal). Bare wheels weight will be 7.4kg. Love that Hipari style.  ;D

I know here in NZ we can get the Toyo R888 in 235/50/15 they are a DOT rated race tyre - and these rims would go nicely with that rubber for track time ;)

I know here in NZ we can get the Toyo R888 in 235/50/15 they are a DOT rated race tyre - and these rims would go nicely with that rubber for track time ;)

that tyres specs cost a bomb here in Malaysia. Even my federal 205/50/15 is already A$155 a piece...

hi all.. thanks for the interest shown here. I am already out of stocks and will only be available by next year.. hopefully. thanks again. :D

i know this guy... he's z maniac..friendly too...!!!

hello brader... good to see you here. thanks for the compliment. :D

Hi mate, would you be able to get a set of these made up? :P

DSC09877Small.jpg

Is that a 14" wheel? If it is then I might have some crazier wheels for you than this. It'll be next year tho.

yes it is 14" :P it's actually a pretty rare wheel that was on the 432's and the nissan rally z's.(slightly different widths/style)  "Kobe Seiko Works Rally Rims"

Guarantee if you could get them made up you'd have interest from all over the world.

The originals and even the repro's are worth some serious dollars

interested to see what else you have as well!

thanks stevo for the recommendation. definitely will look into it.

and now... here is my next project. Launching Jan/ Feb 2013.

weist14903.jpg

yes it is 14" :P it's actually a pretty rare wheel that was on the 432's and the nissan rally z's.(slightly different widths/style)  "Kobe Seiko Works Rally Rims"

The stock wheel on the Fairlady Z432 was a different design to the one you have pictured. They were also manufactured by Kobe Seiko for Nissan, but they were narrower than the 7j x 14" Nissan works 'Rally Mag' wheel that's in your picture, and were a subtly different design ( with no cut-outs in the spokes ).