Looking for feature cars.

gav240z

• Administrators

Hi Everyone,

As part of our new website, we are constantly looking for feature cars. I know that some of you have some stunning cars so if you would like to have your car featured please submit your details to the following form:

Updated

Submit My Car To Auszcar Member Rides

We can never have too many featured cars!

• Administrators

Here's a visitors car form that is used on another forum I belong to, Trueblueford.com, this mybe suitable for your needs, and it already has a Z on it ;D

http://www.trueblueford.com/matts240Zrace.htm

Hi Matt (it is Matt isn't it?),

Thanks for this I really appreciate it, looks very comprehensive and covers pretty much everything I think.

I had prepared one myself, but this seems to be better. I take it your ok with me modifying and using it for our purposes? In exchange I'm happy to offer advice and help with Trueblueford.com.

I'd like to do a feature on your Zcar aswell, but rather than just copy what's already on trueblueford.com I'd like to perhaps give it a bit of an update and include some more pictures.

Send me a PM if you like and we can go from there. I'm sure our members would love to read about racing a Zcar. I'd sure be racing if I could afford it.

Cheers

Gavin.

Attached is a word document we use to get the info.

Gav,

No worries on the modifying of the form.

I'm quite happy to do a feature on the car, but it has been sitting around for the last few years as I haven't had the dollars to do much with it, so will be more of an history of the car and what's been done. I have some photos of it running at different events over the last couple of years and as you saw from the profile some of the changes that have been made to it to take it from road car to track car. Hopefully this will change in the next couple of months so I can be playing next year at the NSW MG Racing FOSC series.

• 1 month later...

hi gavin just a question on georges 240z your latest feature car you state its powered by ls1

having seen this car before and knowing some of its history has the engine been changed to a carbed ls1 or is it still the 350 chev its been for since build

not being picky but as im currently upgrading my zed to ls1 injected motor just curious

mick

hey mick, i can answer that one.

the engine was 'replaced' from the one Alex built but even that one wasn't injected. we did keep the block for numbers/rego purposes but everything else was turfed. if i had to do it all over again i'd choose carb. again. :P i'm not sure what you're after with your engine but why won't you consider carb?

good to hear from you again george your car sure looks great as for my new motor im pretty well advanced with the install motor sitting in place and just need to sort out extractors and exhaust

so was fairly interested when i saw the headline to your car saying ls1 thought someone else had to solve the exhaust problem im working with at the moment

mick

• Administrators

hi george will get some pics together and bit of a story update everyone its coming along nice keep u in suspense till then

my car was running nissan v8 till change

mick

Hi Mick,

When it's ready we can do a feature on it if you like? :)

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Gav240z, i am in Melbourne if you want to have a look at mine.

Only problem is i have the uni shafts out of it and am converting to cv's.

Nearly got all i need now.

Hi Mate,

It would be great to do a feature on your car, however i'm not in Victoria. I have moved to Ireland for a working holiday. When you are finished and back on the road we can do a feature then.

As soon as I get a chance I'll send you a document that you can use to fill in the details about your ride and I'll transfer that into an article to place on the site.

Cheers,

Gavin.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Updated first post with attached form for a feature car. If you would like your car featured just fill out the details in the form and send it back to me. I'll take care of the rest :).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ive started on mine too but the story is too damn long LOL......

also still working on the interior and waiting to collect 17" rims that will go on the car. So new external pics have to be taken as well..

though dont hold your breath.... but it will be done.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

i bought a mazda 323 astina the other week. has two flat tyres! bling

LOL I either missed this comment the first time or ignored it. Well if you think our members would be interested lets get it typed up. Might be a bit more interesting if it had a 13b motor in it though!

• Administrators

Looking for a new car to feature on the home page. Its getting a bit stale there now. I've had a few owners I've emailed but agreeing to do one and actually getting the info together can sometimes take a couple of months.

Anyone know of a car to feature? Anyone want their car featured?

The Typhoons bottom end should be ready by the end of the year ( ;D fingers crossed ;D), the XW GT (replica) resto and engine build is about to start (I finally found a supplier of maroon basket weave  ;D ;D ;D) with the roof cut for the factory windback sunroof installation next Thursday (they do it in 1 night so that's a story in itself) and the Zeds at Lindsays so hopefully in a couple of weeks by which time the flares and wheels should be on also.

So either a turbo build, old school muscle resto and build or ZG/432 style fun around, or you could do all three and update it monthly as the other two builds come along, keep your feature section moving I guess for a few months.