AUSCLASSICS.

Sooley

Why are there seems or two piece carpets?

All people making the rear cargo carpets for the 240 and 260 z along wth many of the cargo carpets for many of the cars and indeed the rear ones in LWB Landcruisers will all need to have seems like the one described above.

This is because the carpet all comes in 1m wide rolls.

This is also why aftermarket carpets for most cars are two piece with a join under the seats.

Most 260z cars do not have a tunnel carpet so it is not in the kit.

If you need one lease ask as the 240 tunel piece can be included.

Cheers

Stuart

Hi Michael

This thread on the z forum distorts the reality.

Yes there were some carpets delivered late over the last 5 years, for many reasons, but they were all delivered eventually.

However the whole reality when I stopped on ebay I had 3333 +ve feedback and 12 negatives only.  That is less that 0.004% mistakes

But as per usual the one or two mistakes are the ones that people yell loudest about.

Thus I have made this special offer above.

Cheers

Stuart

Since I have been mentioned by Ausclassics I feel I must do as requested, and clarify the final outcome of my complaint.

When I contacted ******, they had no explanation for the "missing order" but accepted that they had the money for it and would make good. They asked me to provide them with carpet templates for my car so that they could make some for me - suggesting that in fact they had never made any.

Subsequently I got what I had ordered (eventually) but only because I went to them directly. Stuart/Ausclassics never contacted me again, ever.

As for the claim that the mats were "found at Australia Post" - that is news to me. I had to wait for new mats to be made at my request. There was never any suggestion to me that any delivery had been "found".

He may be correct that only some of his deals went so sour, but he never made the slightest effort to fix the problem in my own case, so it is easy to understand the bad publicity around his business.

Verdict: going to forums and getting real life feedback on suppliers is well worth doing if you have any doubts. The measure of customer service is how suppliers respond to problems; anyone can do a decent job when everything goes right. Not responding at all is a sure sign of poor service.

Hmm im not liking what im seeing in this thread. :(

I was actually going to get carpets from this seller.. but then decided i dont care about carpet right now.

I think this thread should probably be locked as i can see trouble.

I don't understand what your saying here..If your not buying carpets...Why post !!!

It's allmost impossible to source carpets for Zed cars and this guy is trying to sort the problems

out with his company and do us Zed owners i service.

So let's hear from someone who has used him recently.

Paul

Anyone making aftermarket Zed parts should be giving a fair go..Cause there's not many left..

Just because he is supplying a hard to find part, it doesn't mean he should get special treatment. After reading these posts I would stay as far away as possible UNTIL i heard a recent positive experience. And from what I can tell anyway, this guy isn't making these carpets, he's buying from another company so he is just the middle man.

Also, I thought there were rules about businesses posting things on this forum? If Stuart would like to donate to the site and prove that his business has improved then I'll be here with open arms. I'd be even happier if he could organise molded carpets as quite frankly, piece carpets are horrible.

Sorry to be quite rude but I don't find your responses to the issues acceptable. I think Ebay has its flaws but there are definitely ways to get into contact with people. And the quip about Supercheap etc? The difference is they either have those items in stock or you can order them in and they will tell you it will be here tomorrow or in 2 weeks, not leave it to you to contact the supplier to see what went wrong. If you don't have something in stock, you need to tell people upfront that there could possibly be up to a 3 month wait on it.

OK guys,

I think everyone has had their say.

Stewart is attempting to make amens for previous 'issues', so at this stage I shall ask everyone

not directly involved to keep their opinions to themselves.

I don't want to lock this thread but I will if I have too...

Just because he is supplying a hard to find part, it doesn't mean he should get special treatment. After reading these posts I would stay as far away as possible UNTIL i heard a recent positive experience. And from what I can tell anyway, this guy isn't making these carpets, he's buying from another company so he is just the middle man.

Also, I thought there were rules about businesses posting things on this forum? If Stuart would like to donate to the site and prove that his business has improved then I'll be here with open arms. I'd be even happier if he could organise molded carpets as quite frankly, piece carpets are horrible.

Sorry to be quite rude but I don't find your responses to the issues acceptable. I think Ebay has its flaws but there are definitely ways to get into contact with people. And the quip about Supercheap etc? The difference is they either have those items in stock or you can order them in and they will tell you it will be here tomorrow or in 2 weeks, not leave it to you to contact the supplier to see what went wrong. If you don't have something in stock, you need to tell people upfront that there could possibly be up to a 3 month wait on it.

This is spot on. I do beleive it is possible for people to make up for mistakes however and in this case Stuart seems to actually care about our feedback.

If we look in the past at other businesses that have been blacklisted here you will only see more negativity, however Stuart seems to want to make an effort to change the poor image at least. I think that should be taken into account.

End of 2 cents

Making Moulded carpets is a bit of a problem.

First I would need three (240z, 260z, 260z 2+2) cars to cut up

Then I would have to make about $3000 worth of fibreglass moulds.

Unfortunately you guys wouldn't order enough carpets to do that.

Then we could do carpets for some cars as we have discovered there is more than one floor pan for these cars!!.

So we are willing to work with you to get the best results.

Some non Australian delivered cars our kits are slightly wrong.

If this happens we are willing to duplicate your original carpets.

If the kit is slightly wrong tell us how and we will adjust it.

Meantime lets work together to restore some cool cars!

Cheers Stuart

P.S. I have donated to the site, I advertise here with google ads.

And the offer on the site is genuine....

• Administrators

secondly there was no transmission tunnel carpet included in the kit.

Prior to purchase I was assured by you that the carpets were all as per the original, however the rear deck carpet is short by an inch, has no split and has been joined across the storage bin area.....and the transmission tunnel carpet was missing.

I can live with the rear deck carpet however I would like to carpet the transmission tunnel.........can you supply this?

Alan

Alan I wasn't aware that any 240z or 260z was fitted with transmission tunnel carpet from the factory?

As far as I was aware they all had vinyl material down the transmission tunnel. Underneath there was a jute material, but no carpet that I'm aware of.

• Administrators

Just as an update Stuart has made a donation to the site and appears to be at least trying to address some concerns.

Please feel free to post your own feedback based on your experience.

Gee it would be really nice if you guys came back on here and mentioned what happened when these cases were all resolved. ???

It is so easy to give someone a hard time when something goes wrong.

Some of you say you will return to the forum and let people know the result, yet none of you have done so.

ALL these mentioned have been resolved.

Sure, mistakes are made, but they are all chased up and corrected, items are replaced..

I have rectified all of these and yet none of you come on here and say that.

I have replaced, repaired or chased up all these orders and made the deliveries.

Indeed some of you have been given vouchers for free future shipping and other things.

So what about telling the whole story instead of just blindly lashing out.

Regards

Stuart

I do not wish to put fuel on the fire, use your own judgement about using Stuart's services. I do however refute Stuart's claim that "All these mentioned were resolved" My issues were never resolved I had a lot of problems with Stuart and ended up settling with the poor fitting carpet - it wasn't worth the grief it was causing to continue.

Maybe Stuart thought I would no longer be active on this site?

Regards

Peter

All 240Z's had diamond vinyl design on the transmission tunnel and so were the first 260Z's but a different diamond pattern about mid/late 1976 the 260Z and the 260Z 2+2 were fitted with carpet over the transmission tunnel. Lynton 8)

Silverz

I was more than happy to fix your carpet, indeed I still am.

However I can't make what I can't see.

If you send me the old one at my cost, like I asked I can copy that and send the new one as I always promised.

Cheers

Stuart

• 4 years later...

Hi everyone, firstly apologies to the community for bringing up an old thread but this ole thread still appears very high on Google Searches for Ausclassics.

Many years after problems with this supplier were first raised they are sadly still continuing.  :'(

5 months after I ordered and paid for my carpet I have nothing but a small handful of emails from the owner promising to chase up my order.

The only excuse I've yet received is that his dog died and that he was sick one week. Stuart no longer replies to my emails or answers my phone calls.

I've said it elsewhere, AVOID THIS SHONKY BUSINESS AT ALL COSTS ..

Thanks for reopening the thread GAV. Appreciate it.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

My name is David and I am an Ex "Z" car owner. Many years ago I had a modded 260Z and finding this site makes me miss it even more (but not the rust). :o

Anyhow, I came across this by looking up details for Ausclassics. Stuart Brown to be exact. Currently among other cars I have a Jaguar XJS that I'm restoring. Stuart is or was associated with the same car club as I am, in Victoria. He does not frequent that car club lately. And I wonder why?

A that point in time I did not know Stuart but there were political issues going on within the club. So the emerging roumers were unknown to me. But latter it appears they were founded. I bought some items from Stuart, one being car carpet for my Jaguar. Thought it would be OK. Bought it through Ebay, there were issues but being a member I gave him the benefit of doubt. Long story - short. The carpet was junk. New carpet trimmed for my car. Simply it did not fit. Eventually he came and inspected. Measured up and took away the carpet. Promising to re-trim it to suit. I never saw that carpet again. Only promises. (He seems to love blaming Aust Post), always excuses. I also sold him some now rare, ported LEYLAND V8 heads. To date he has not paid for those, only promises. The carpet again, only broken promises.

So at this point I am out of pocket for the Heads, I sold him. I am out of pocket for the carpet I payed for and he currently has? Also I am out of pocket for going to Court, that is time, transport, etc. I took Stuart to Court (V.C.A.T), He did not turn up. It was heard in his absence and won in my favor. I waited for the papers, regarding the outcome to be delivered. As it was not enforceable until  documents were served. Many weeks latter, still nothing. No payment from Stuart, no phone call or other attempt of contact.

Obviously from this thread. It would be wise to keep away from Stuart, Ausclassics and also the many other business name she appears to have. I have found him to be unreliable and his honesty is in question. If there is anyone out there who also has suffered at Stuarts hands. I urge you to consider taking action against him. The quickest and most cost effective way is through V.C.A.T. Surprisingly V.C.A.T are very pleasant and easy to deal with and if interested any-one here is welcome to contact me, regarding this matter.

A point to note, and hoping Stuart hears of this. If he has not made good on our deal or that of V.C.A.T's order. I will be taking further action against him.

• 1 month later...

Stuart finally sent me soundproofing. It just took 8 months.

Sadly, still no sign of the carpet. Strange, because he assured me the carpet was underway on January 27. That they should be ready on Feb 10, that he'd worked it out with his suppliers on July 27 and they'd be ready the following week. August 8 he confirmed the carpets had been finished and were on their way to me. August 29 he again assured me they would be finished the following week. October 3 he said they'd be finishing them off next week.

Now he says that his supplier is refusing to make them and he can't get access to the pattern, asked if I could possibly trace them out for him.

I can't wait to see where it goes from here, or what lie I'm told next. My favourite is still his dead dog that caused weeks of heartache and delay, shortly followed by the death of a close friend, his sick fiance, and that week he himself was sick. Poor guy.

• 9 months later...

And again  the complaints are here which is understandable and ok...

But the resolution is not here.

The carpets were being made by Tru-Fit and right when they were ordered by Sam (Luni260z) they sold their business to Knox which of course they could not tell anyone.

Problem was that Knox didn't want to consequently make the Z carpets after one was made then following a complaint they just decided to not ever do them again!

So then I had to find a car and do new patterns.

This was not as easy as it might seem but finally I have done this and can once more make 2 seater Z carpets (with or without centre console piece)

And Sam now has his carpet but being his is a 4 seater we are waiting for him to send the original rear carpet so it can be matched.

2+2s cause a special problem as there are a number of different front floor carpets and seat mounts.

These are not a straight forward car to make carpets for and I am happy to work with people to get the result they need and expect.

Finally if anyone wants to see a photo of my poor dog as proof... let me know!  I might have dramas and take time on some items but do fix everything up eventually!

OK All we finally have a solution on some of this carpet issue.....

With all the troubles we have had with this and suppliers as discussed we decided to completely re-template the kits and do them ourselves.

At this point we have only done the 240 2 seaters as we have not had a set of 2+2 carpets to template from or a car to use. (Discount will be given to anyone who can help with this)

The 260 2 seater I will absolutely have to be sent your sill pieces to copy as there are 4 different ones which has previously caused problems.

The boot carpet will come with the bound split for the tool access unless you specify it without (like the pictured one)

Lindsay from the Z-Shop has also assisted with this and what we are now making is better design and quality than what has previously been available.

The floor mats are heavy backed so they won't bunch or slip and the kit is available in your choice of colour.

The kit includes all the original carpet in the car, 4 floor mats, sills and boot.

This is $390 including postage.

If you want to do your transmission Tunnel as well you will need an extra 2m for an additional cost of $60

We can do the kit in original loop or what I believe is nice plush pile

Delivery is 2-3 weeks from payment depending on Australia Post.

I will provide you with a tracking Number.

Regards

Stuart

post-708-144023806997_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

I know I am digging up an old thread and I have already posted on his Stuarts (ausclassics) latest thread but I dont want someone to find this one and think he has fixed all the problems. I am now coming into 4 months and still no carpets, he is very hard to contact and dodges questions when you ask them. He couldnt even remember the company he uses to post the carpets when I asked him. He always guarantees you will get the carpets very soon but I have heard that every week for the last 3 months. Looks like nothing has changed BE WARNED!!!!

• 6 months later...

I do find it rather annoying that every single issue with every person on this thread has been addressed.  

Including people with cars which are different to every other car there has been templates for. Items rectified and sent at zero cost to customers and offers to rectify things not taken up.

And whilst people will happily come here and mention the problems nobody has mentioned the followup.

These are some of the most difficult cars to make carpets for especially the 2+2s which have 4 different floors.

How did we discover this? people like blu260z were sent a kit from known patterns and then had to have custom changes made in order for it to fit their cars which were done at no charge.

His final response to me including that he won't accept the different floors......

"Hi Stuart just emailing to let you know I received the carpets and have installed them without many issues.

I would like to credit you on the fact that you eventually got the carpets to me.
However the fact I waited 134 days total since I first payed was ridiculous. I find it hard to believe that my 76 2+2 has a floor pan that has never been seen before. You need to sort out your templates before offering a service you say you can provide, or atleast take only a deposit at the start.

I wish I had better things to say but I dont. Unfortunately I will not be recommending Ausclassics to anyone..

Chris" - blu260Z

And now that they do fit and are of excellent quality where is the mention of that?

I have bent over backwards to overcome these carpets being either of poor quality or not available and covered all problems at my costs...

Would you all rather that they just didn't exist at all?  Lindsay from the Z-Shop is certainly very pleased as are the vast majority of customers....  we have sold over 25 sets of these now since making our own patterns

These are some comments we have received on Ebay....  

"Great product, fast service!"

"Carpet is of good quality and fits well"

"Looks great thanks mate love your work"

"Excellent. Thank you"

• 1 year later...
On 10/8/2009 at 9:05 AM, ausclassics said:

Gee it would be really nice if you guys came back on here and mentioned what happened when these cases were all resolved. ???

It is so easy to give someone a hard time when something goes wrong.

Some of you say you will return to the forum and let people know the result, yet none of you have done so.

ALL these mentioned have been resolved.

Yes sometimes a supplier is a little slow, Auspost loose things or deliver a bit slow or indeed forget to put the card in a letterbox and an item spends a month in a post office before being returned to me..

Greg N even says that his item was made and sent, even mentioned the supplier of his particular item and confirmed with them that they were sent, yet still blames me for either an Auspost failing or for not himself checking at the post office which is where his item was found!!

Sure, mistakes are made, but they are all chased up and corrected, items are replaced..

I have rectified all of these and yet none of you come on here and say that.

I have replaced, repaired or chased up all these orders and made the deliveries.

Indeed some of you have been given vouchers for free future shipping and other things.

So what about telling the whole story instead of just blindly lashing out.

If anyone would like to chat to me about any of these please contact me, my details are readily available on www.ausclassics.com.au

Anyone who chooses to give me the benefit of the doubt can have free standard underlay with their order, just mention you saw this offer on the Zcar Forum.  :)

Regards

Stuart

He needs to be investigated, he is a crook. He thinks he is providing a good service and yet all the poor reviews are the obvious truth. I have since reported him to A Current Affair.

Edited by Ripped
Added info