G-Nose Headlight Covers

Hello, my name is Mark Clapp from Kansas City, Missouri USA. I'm an individual and have been making plexiglass parts like headlight covers and windows for over eight years now. I supply several replica manufacturers like Race Car Replicas and restoration shops that restore original GT40s and Jaguars.  I recently started making the headlight covers for the 240/260/280Z G-nose cars.  The plastic I use is shatter proof and will not crack so rocks/road debris are no problem. Also you do not need special drill bits as for acrylic; any old bit will cut fine with no cracking. I also include L-braces cut from the same crystal clear plastic to mount the covers with. From a distance, the L-braces disappear and the covers look like they are floating on the car. I've attached pictures of the covers to show the terrific clarity and luster of the plastic. I'm asking $189USD/pair. My email address is: mclapp5526(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks,
Mark Clapp

post-4010-14402368473_thumb.jpg

post-4010-144023684735_thumb.jpg

post-4010-14402368474_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Clapp

• Moderators

As soon as I get a G-Nose, you are first on my contact list!

That was my next question, do you make any like the OEM ones that sit slightly proud of the nose cone? I have a pair with one having a stone crack from an impact..

Hi Gareth, I'm sure the covers can be used with the trim rings.  I wish I could replicate the rings as well but I'm a chemist by trade and not experienced in metal works.  I make the pieces a little oversized so they can be trimmed to fit the individual car or application.  I do this to allow for paint thickness, body variances, etc. The plastic is pretty pliable and trims easily with sanding or whatever finishing tools you prefer to use.  I got a quote for shipping to Aus and it is covered with $30US, which is a lot less than I was expecting. So a total with shipping is $219. I've found ways to make plexi pieces affordably and so can offer these for a lot less than the $450/pair price I've seen. I can take Paypal at address: mclapp5526@gmail.com  This is also my email address so send any questions you might have anytime.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp

Edited by Mark Clapp

Hi Zedman, I do not have access to a g-nose car but the tooling was patterned from an OE pair. I can extend the pattern some extra (like 1/4 inch) all around to make sure there is enough if you don't mind possibly trimming a little if needed.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp 

• 2 months later...

Hi Gareth and Zedman.  A G-nose expert just got back to me about a pair I sent to him and he confirmed that the covers can be used with the trim rings.  So there is enough material to drill and screw down through the trim rings and the body.  By the way, shipping to Aus is $30 so a total with shipping is $219USD/pair.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

Hi SanGK,  I am working on getting a pair of windows to make patterns from.  The plastic would save a ton of weight over the glass as well as no chance of cracking.  Would you think guys would be interested in plastic quarter window and rear window replacements as well? 

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

Hi Gareth and Zedman.  A G-nose expert just got back to me about a pair I sent to him and he confirmed that the covers can be used with the trim rings.  So there is enough material to drill and screw down through the trim rings and the body.  By the way, shipping to Aus is $30 so a total with shipping is $219USD/pair.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

Good to know, Thanks Mark.

Would there be much weight saving in the quarter windows? The hatch window would definately be a good idea.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, I just wanted to post pictures of my headlight covers on redrbzed's fantastic G-nose Z car.  He "flush mounted" them with the clear L-braces I supply with the cover set.  From a short distance the clear L-braces disappear and the covers look like they are floating on the car.  Great job on the fitting of the covers redrbzed! 

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

post-4010-144023702589_thumb.jpg

post-4010-144023702595_thumb.jpg

post-4010-144023702602_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hey G-Nosers, let me help you take your car up a level with a pair of headlight covers.  I've delivered several sets to Australia with no complaints so far. The plastic can not be cracked and I make them to use either with or without the trim rings. They really complete the aero look of your G-nose Z.  I'm still asking $189USD/pair and shipping to Aus is covered with $30.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp 

post-4010-144023715349_thumb.jpg

post-4010-144023715355_thumb.jpg

post-4010-144023728153_thumb.jpg

post-4010-144023728165_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

Hi Guys and Gals.  I get emails from time to time asking if I still make the G-nose headlight covers.  I just wanted to say that I've been making plexi parts for around nine years now and am not going anywhere.  So if down the road you convert your Z to a G-nose or if you've been thinking about headlight covers, don't hesitate to email me anytime at:  mclapp5526@gmail.com with any questions.  I'm still asking $189 USD/pair and the shipping to Aus is covered with $30. 

Thanks,
Mark Clapp

Edited by Mark Clapp

Mark

Im keen to hear about the headlight covers for the short nose version

Also early on in this post (2012) you were mentioning rear window and 1/4 window plastic replacements. What happened with this? I would be interested in 1/4 window btw.

Cheers

Darius

• Administrators

Hi GAV240z, I've tried to form the standard covers but due to the shape, they require vacuum forming.  I hope to be set up to do that sometime.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

Is that to produce the plastic part or the chrome trim part that you need the vacuum forming?