Geelong Speed Trials - Geelong Revival December 1&2

260Coupe

Finally the City of Greater Geelong has started supporting this event again.  Lets just hope they continued to see the benefits and bureaucracy don't screw the organisers over again by changing the operating conditions after everything was set.

I will be helping out over the weekend, so come and say g'day.

I did the event when it was last held in 2003 and it was an absolute blast (although it was stinkin hot day). I've registered my interest to do it again this year on the Saturday (providing I come back in one piece from Targa High Country a few weeks before!). Spectator wise it is fantastic because you can sit anywhere on the hillside and see everything and very close to the action. Plus the walk through the pits and marchalling area is fantastic - a great diversity of cars and champions from years back. I would highly recommend it - note both days entrants are very different so check the web site for which cars you want to see in action. It would be perfect outing for a club cruise. Come and say hello as well.

• 3 months later...

No car to race/show, but I'll be there.

Just sent a message to a friend who recently purchased a GTR... He wants to race it eventually, but wont be ready for this event (if a GTR would be eligible?).  Shame, it's a damn fast car!

• 3 weeks later...

Two 240 or 260s and a 300zx racing right now...

3144kfq.jpg

5etoxg.jpg

5mab1i.jpg

Planning on going again tomorrow, might take the video camera, though not sure if any Zeds are racing... Today was meant to be "contemporary" vehicles... and tomorrow classic... Would have thought 240z's were classic...

No Zeds while I was there today... Nice E-Type though... Got some video... might get round to making it into a compilation for YouTube...

Saturday was great. Daryl Duff and myself having the lone Z's amongst a heap of varied cars including Group C & A tourers, Cobra's, Daytona's, GT40's, GTR's, Aussie muscle, bikes, etc, etc. The Prince Club had a display (with others) and Karyn H-F was racing her Prince. Irvin Vincent motorcycles were also there who recently rode at Goodwin. Their bikes are a work of art and fully hand built. Great weather as well but it poured on the drive home to Melb. Best I could do was a 13.2 over the 380m length track with heaps of wheel spin. Didn't really care as the comradier btn the entrants was great fun. The Brobky like hand on the window was me driving back to the pits. But the highlight was probably this radical rear engine V12 home made 1930's styled grand prix stunner.

post-1385-144023700809_thumb.jpg

post-1385-144023700814_thumb.jpg

post-1385-144023700823_thumb.jpg