help, im stuck on the main road

OZ001

After I got my carbs put it, it ran well for the last few weeks.. now I just had a problem, it stumbles then the car stalls, ill start the car again it will run for abit but as soon as I take off, it stumbles and stalls again :( does anyone know what might be the problem?

I can hear the fuel pump running on acc but it feels like that it doesn't get enough fuel delivery :s well I'm stuck in Parramatta if anyone wants to drive past to say hi

I've had this happen.

Have you ran your tank to empty lately? it's fuel pump related. You might hear the fuel pump but it might not be pumping enough fuel to the carbs.

This started to happen to me gradually over time and I eventually picked it up before it left me stranded.

The reason why it's able to start up again is because the pump is only able to fill enough to run on the idle fuel circuit. Once it's on main fuel circuit it's not enough and stumbles and dies off.

Hope you made it home.

Will be interesting to see what the issue is.

Either that or something is clogged up along the fuel line (less likely as I assume your running a filter).

It use to happen on my car when I was going uphill as well.

Which car is this btw?

if only i got on here earlier i could have saved you a tow, i had the same issue and it was the breather from the tank the one that goes to the carbon canister, blow it out with compressed air (open the fuel cap first) then blow compressed air through your return, it should fix the problem.

Ive had the same issue before RB swap. You need to replace fuel pump, but in the meantime while if you encounter issues just give the fuel pump a good whack and it should relieve issues for a small while

I had the same problem when i drove back from Sydney.

40y/o cars generally have old hoses. Make sure all the hoses are replaced and clamped on tight. If there are any cracks/kinks that could be your problem.

I thought it was a fuel pump issue aswell when i was stuck on the side of the road but it was just the tiny bit of hose going from the fuel pump to the rail that was buggered.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

I had a slightly similar problem which I thought was fuel or heat so I replaced hoses, added a heat shield, dropped the fuel tank and rebuilt the carbs but no luck. Ended up being the ballast resistor below the coil that was the problem, replaced it and it worked fine. But it was more of an intermittent problem, not a consistent one like yours seems to be

I sent the car back to swmotorsports yesterday and got it fixed, it turned out to be a solenoid that carked it.. I have a fuel cut off when the car gets into a crash etc.. cams requirement thingy. Got it fixed and back on the road :) lucky it wasn't a carb or fuel problem