Hello from NEW YORK CITY

Yosemite is correct. PO brought it back to the states with him in the late 80s back to upstate NY. It has sat there waiting for me! Here in the states you don't see many RHD Z cars for sale and if you do they go for a good coin or are 2+2 models which most do not touch. I was pretty lucky to have called when I did after two years of not talking to the owner and joking with him, "How is my car doing?" - that is when he said, "Hmm, you still interested in that car?"

I screamed (in a man voice of course) - hell yea! The next week I made the 16 hour round trip to pick her up with the current gf! Talk about weird - lol

• Administrators

Why are RHD cars so popular over there? When you can get good Zs in great condition in LHD configuration? It's always puzzled me to be honest.

For example in Australia I don't think many people would be too interested in a LHD Z. I know of a guy in Ireland who purchased a LHD 240z and spent a fair bit of money converting it to RHD.

Also I know with a lot of the later cars like Skylines, RX-7's etc.. Canada seems to be a more favourable place to import RHD cars. I don't think they need to be converted over there, but it seems there is more red tape (at least with the later cars) getting them onto US roads.

I guess this is also why you were so keen on ADM spec indicators? For your Fairlady project perhaps?

RHD just because it is rare. Also remember here in the US we got different parts from the rest of the world - mesh grill, tail lights, front indicators, clock and so on. I search for parts to make my Z car different from others. I hate going to Z shows and seeing the same thing over and over.

As far as later cars in the US you have lots to do just to make one legal. Even getting one from over the boarder isn't easy anymore. Luckly my Fairlady was brought over legally and has paperwork. It must just be a US thing for it to be "cool" to have a RHD car.

I think my LS1 in my Z makes it cool...................

My L30 in my Z is also cool...............

Having a Fairlady very cool...................

They are different and cool - lol.

I am not going to argue over our opinions because everyone has one and who really cares.  :) I do what I want to my cars because I like it and I buy what I want for them because, I like it. Hell I joined this forum because it is different from the US boards and I think it is cool! hahaha

yeah Im like you EvilZ.

But Simon does have a point. lets say you have a 240Z make it look like whale shark and than put a motor out of 1950's 6cyl Chevy.

yes its different yes its his car and he likes it. pitty 99.99% rest of population hates it. therefore not cool and huge fail.

But your cars are different you like it and so does everyone else = WIN and Cool

im sure we different here and have some good ideas of our own which will be different in US and makes u even cooler  :P

no idea what i just dribbled above hope makes sense ::) :P

I seen the detailed pix of your fairlady Z and its cool.

like exhaust temp warning light , different clock, seats, engine,240kmh speedo (no its not like our 260Z ones)  just to name a few

put up a build process here we would love to see its progress from sad neglected to a stunner like your other cars.

I have not gotten the driver side door open yet to see month/year but this is the vin for the car.

DSCN0490-XL.jpg

Don't be too shocked or upset to see no door jamb tag for you to date the car with. Japanese market cars didn't have them. In fact, the door jamb tags were a North American market thing, so plenty of other markets didn't have them either.

It should be pretty straightforward to date the car from other evidence like manufacturing QC stamps, etc.

That's usually done to highlight the chassis number for the Shakken ( a regulated inspection ). It just makes it easy to locate, easier to read and therefore more likely to be noted correctly on the Shakken paperwork. 

Also I know with a lot of the later cars like Skylines, RX-7's etc.. Canada seems to be a more favourable place to import RHD cars.

Because its more JDM man! The same reason you see all the "hellaflush" Honda civic drivers with the "Shoshinsha mark" (the yellow and green leaf sticker, which actually represents learner drivers in japan). Its all about being JDM!

Rudolf.