Sign in to follow this  
EvilZ

Hello from NEW YORK CITY

Hello everyone.

My name is Clive and I am the owner of 2 Z cars. My red 71 240z is named EVIL Z and has been my on going street/track car. She has a 2002 LS1/T56 swap with Wilwood goodies all the way around, along with adjustable control arms, sturts, coilovers and much more. I am now working on my white 74 260z also. I am in the middle of building a N/A 3L combo of bore out F54 block and a ported E31 head with the ad of triple Weber 45s.

Here are pics of the two:

DSC00965-L.jpg

IMG2489-XL-L.jpg

Looking forward to chatting with all of you and possibly being some source of help track down any parts needed here from the US.

Clive

welcome all I can say is WOW very nice both cars  8)

Linton

Welcome.

You have an awesome collection there.

I want to move to the states, everything is so much cheaper.

Welcome Clive, noticed you and your collection on Hybridz. Good to see you guys are starting to starting to notice the other half of the world. ;D

Thanks guys!

I have been lurking for over a year here and there are plenty of great cars here on this site too. Plus of late seeing all the nice work being done, why not join the site.  ;)

Closest track to me is Lime Rock Park about 2 hours. Then you have New Jersey Motor Park about 2.5 hours. Also Poconos Speedway is about 2 hours away. The track I visit about twice a year is Watkins Glen which is about 4 hours away.

886590194_zipFt-L.jpg

That's so cool. Living in NYC with a Zed and able to track not too far away.

I was amazed with the number of sites and events  on in Manhattan when I visited about 2 years ago.

Welcome to the forum hope you hang around for a long time.

We have good turn outs. I am Prez of the local Z club.

Last event Fun Run to raise money for our fallen club memeber and a friend of mine:

DSCN0037-600x450.jpg

So I have recently parted out the 71 240z. Basically I wanted to go back to the stock body lines and want to build one more as a street car with the LS1 in it so I picked up this 260z that my close friend has owned for 25+ yrs:

IMG_0018-XL.jpg

Also to add to all that I have going on, I was chasing this other car when I was in college. A girl I dated father owned it since 85ish and bought it back to NY and had it sitting since 1991. She is a little rough but I have some plans for her!

1976 Fairlady

DSCN0401-XL.jpg

Looking forward to another great Z year!

Dont worry Clive its Aussy humour you will get used to it.

Just say both :P

Nice cars mate. I had a good look at the fairlady not the one i dated but the 4 wheel one.you got a good catch there dont worry about the ex lol.

Totally digging the fact you want to fix up a car you have some history with. Nostalgic value. I like your friends 260z look very clean, is it still that clean? Photo looks a bit dated now (pre digital era).

Rough? Well that is how she liked it  ;)

I have not gotten the driver side door open yet to see month/year but this is the vin for the car.

DSCN0490-XL.jpg

Gav - yes she is still this clean. The picture is one I just scanned a few days ago as I was putting together a timeline of the car. She has a sbc already 327 that will be coming out. She has not been touched in years as my buddy has a 78 280z with a nice 400+whp LS1 powerplant and a very nice 71 3-liter turbo 240z.

The car has the L20 in it now but was stroked to a L26 back in the mid 80s. The PO told me he couldnt remember the name of the shop but it was the same engine race shop that did the gt2000 engines. He "remembers" that it was a high revving engine. My plan is to get her running as is for now. I like that fact the car is all orginal  - so late summer she will be running around the roads of NYC. A far trip from Japan and almost 8 hours where she was sitting in upstate NY near the Canada boarder.

S31 chassis prefix that's a genuine JDM car I think :). So a true Fairlady Z, that must be rare in your neck of the woods? I'm guessing it lived in Canada since they seem to allow the RHD cars on those roads more easily than in the US is that right?

Gav

Might have been a USA serviceman that was stationed in Japan and when returned to USA was able to ship back, as the cost would have been a lot lower and easier,I have heard of this happening before

Cheers