A bet with a GTR r33 owner. Need some assistance (QR)

stevofoxono

Hi all,

There's a bloke at work that never shuts up about how awesome his skyline is (like all skyline drivers lol) and myself stiring some sh#t I told him my 72 Zed could beat him round a track. I kept throwing out the line and I got a bite every single time :P but now I've dug myself a bit of a hole

At the end of the year we're going to QR for a bit of a burn around the track and there is now a $500 wager. I know I can't win (Unless he goes off the track or something) and even if I spend a lot of money a worked L24 wouldn't keep up with a worked rb26

But I was thinking if i got a few other zeds together we could race a little dirty and box him in :P

I just need one lap :P

just wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me out? Nothing like sticking it to the skyline guys lol. I could probably persuade him in to coming to the next time LAPZ

Would anyone be interested in helping me out? :P haha

Cheers

If you are worried about power then go on the Sprint track, it is less favourable to powerful cars. Get some practice in as soon as you can too, as Lurch indicated a lot of Skyrine owners can't drive for ...... so don't give up before you start.

Fingers crossed :P I'll have my zed on the road within the next month (If everything goes according to plan) and I'll start looking at track days and all.

Would joining the z club be the best avenue to getting some run time in?

Apart from my loan culling half of my pay check every fortnight I have a fairly free flowing income so getting a cams licence may not be out of the question 8)

• Moderators

Or as the bet is which car is faster, just get me to drive it. Problem solvered...

+ when you are wearing a helmet, you cant tell who's driving... did you bet you had to drive?

Highly recommend getting some good semi's slick tyres, good brakes and I'd say you'd have a pretty good chance of a win. 

haha that'd be awesome, I'll give you 50% of the winnings for your trouble :P

Shouldn't be a problem tracking down some new rubber, Brakes wise I have new disks up front+new pads+new shoes+ new hoses. Only recently replaced everything so its all in good nick.

You don't need a CAMS licence for QR or for Lakeside, QR is the safest of those two and the best place to learn. Unfortunately not many Z Car Club Q blokes go to QR, it is a bit boring once you get used to it, a few of us go to Lakeside though.

Good luck man

Used to own a 33 GTR and they are nothing like a normal 2wd skyline

I don't even think the stig could help you, It will easily out accelerate you

Easily out brake you, and will kick your arse in the corners.

Start Saving  LOL

Paul

Hwy don't you ask him to take you for a spin in his GTR, then you will know what your up against. As he might go the good tires and brakes also. You may have bitten off more than you can chew, if you no what I mean.

His R33 stock?

Would want to know more about it first.

Pm me his name i'll have a look around the track results sites.

If he's a noob, this could be fun

We'll want his money up front first!

OR, we could run for slips!!!

( a Sydney illegal street drag race term !!!)

I'll lend you my absolutely stock legal CAMS  logbooked prod sports 280Z,

but on one proviso,,,

I am driving it.

We win, i take $400, you get the $100 as, say, a commisdion

You didnt say it had to be your car, or you driving!

I have been around there once or twice.

Just dont tell him i hose off r32 gtr's in a 44 year old four cylinder atmo 2 litre Datsun, with no roof!

Did you say YOUR Z?

Get a few of the Queensland Z boys and don't bother to box him in, it'll just give him an excuse.

A few of you could probs beat him fair and square anyway!

Box him in with a four car rolling block, apply the Malachi Crunch !

Oooh yeah,,,,,

but on one proviso,,,

I am driving it.

Deal!  ;D

Hi all,

There's a bloke at work that never shuts up about how awesome his skyline is (like all skyline drivers lol) and myself stiring some sh#t I told him my 72 Zed could beat him round a track. I kept throwing out the line and I got a bite every single time :P but now I've dug myself a bit of a hole

looks to me like you said your 72 zed could beat his skyline. Will be good to see this one pan out. lol.

Cheers

His R33 stock?

Would want to know more about it first.

Pm me his name i'll have a look around the track results sites.

If he's a noob, this could be fun

We'll want his money up front first!

OR, we could run for slips!!!

( a Sydney illegal street drag race term !!!)

but on one proviso,,,

I am driving it.

I have been around there once or twice.

Just dont tell him i hose off r32 gtr's in a 44 year old four cylinder atmo 2 litre Datsun, with no roof!

^^That's probably going to be your best bet.

To allow yourself to get " a" car ready, not "your" car, and to set the event off, and give him time to make sure he can make it, we'll aim for a date in early November, at either Qld Raceway, on one of their Wednesday mid week sprints, or a Saturday sprints or Practice day.

Or, Lakeside raceway, same deal.

Either or, dont worry me !

Lakeside raceway is preffered, easy to intimidate and scare the living crap out of a noob!

Why early November, i am away from late August till late October, thats all!

Just tell your r33 mate "your" car is stock, stock brakes, stock engine, no, not a turbo, it just has slightly wider wheels to fill out the stock guards.

Unless he wants to have a play around 16 to 22nd August, before i head away, i could do with a bit of spending money!

To allow yourself to get " a" car ready, not "your" car, and to set the event off, and give him time to make sure he can make it, we'll aim for a date in early November, at either Qld Raceway, on one of their Wednesday mid week sprints, or a Saturday sprints or Practice day.

Or, Lakeside raceway, same deal.

Either or, dont worry me !

Lakeside raceway is preffered, easy to intimidate and scare the living crap out of a noob!

Why early November, i am away from late August till late October, thats all!

Just tell your r33 mate "your" car is stock, stock brakes, stock engine, no, not a turbo, it just has slightly wider wheels to fill out the stock guards.

Unless he wants to have a play around 16 to 22nd August, before i head away, i could do with a bit of spending money!

Jason, if you're not available, just toss the keys to me, I'll get the right result, and still have synchros left in the gearbox!!!!!