MSCA PI sprint.

Gordo

G' day Gordo ,we are intending to go.Never raced there so am looking forward to it.

Caught up with Peter Mac at Winton last Sunday , great to finally meet him and be able to put a face to a voice.

I am trying to get around to placing a front splitter on the Z, they tell me down force at PI is pretty important.

By the way there were 6 zeds at Winton ,how good is that.

Catch u down there

Awesome Steve, look forward to seeing you. I am writing this while I watch the DDFrance, my brother and I text each other all night waiting for Cadel Evans to get some time back. Anyway I have this idea that all viczed users should make a small sticker, about half the size of a number plate of there user name and put it on the top side of the rear window for ID. Would make it easy for one another the Identify each other, especially at the Nationals. Evan print it off on A3 and cut it down then stick it on from the inside. So every time we see a zed we will know who's it is. As I know all you guys buy user name and not by sight. Some times I see Zeds at the track and wonder who's it is, would brake the Ice as to who you are. What do you guys think?

Weather is looking good guys, Ash did you end up putting a entry in? They will email the list to all entrants soon so will have a look to see who has entered. Craig has organized a cruse for Sunday going to the Island if anyone is interested see on other thread. Cheers.

Hi Guys , had a great day out at the Island on Sunday . The weather was fine and sunny.Steve was there.(chev zed) Peter Mc and my brother Craig.(620z)

The first run the track was a bit damp from over night rain. And a bit of oil over Lukey heights always makes for a bit of fun. The Porsche GT3 behind me could not keep up and drifted back. Even though the track was not at it's best. Second run was better, starting behind the GT3 and was all over him on the second lap through turn one. The car in front of him was going at a good speed but still holding us up. Going into Honda I could have done the big dive and got both of them, but it seemed the safest thing to do was sit tight for the moment. Was kicking myself though because I would have made the pass as it turned out. They had to much power for me up Siberia although I was still there. At Lukey there was oil just on the outside line right from the bottom to the top so I wanted to make a pass befor then other wise it would be hard. So I closed the gap on the GT3 who was up the ass of the open wheeler and fired up the inside of him after the hayshed kink and got beside him so I had the inside line, then remembering the oil on Lukey heights made a tight run up the ass of the open wheeler followed him to the crest of the hill and shot out and dived inside him, had the line at MG and power slide out of the corner and put some distance on them befor the main straight. Was awesome fun, had the biggest smile on my face. Funniest thing was the GT3 owner did the walk around my car when I was checking the tire pressure. He looked it over a few times and didn't say anything . It was like WTF is in this thing. I would have said its got a PMC motor, but he would understand ! So thanks to Peter and Les I'm back on the pace again. And that was just one lap. Cheers.

well done Gordo ,,,

1,52.104 was the fastest time of the day for a tin top so the old Z the fastest car there ,,, i think the car was good but the driver was very good , as the track was not so nice lots of oil down and lodes of traffic .

gt3 m3 gtr all behind you not bad mate ,

Thanks Peter , not sure I was the fastest tin top, but the car was running great. And Simon I have done a 1.49 in the GTR . The biggest problem with theGTR is the weight and is hard to carry mid corner speed, so suspension set up and good tires are a must. I love my two cars equally , but the zed gives you that seat of the pants kind of feel. Real reward for hard driving.

Loved the pi track Pity the tyre wall fell in luv with my car Instant attraction on the bloody warmup lap.Slicks,wet track and torque equals damage, I will elaborate more once we get home. I did manage to complete a couple of laps without any front aero , 1 min 56.87 sec  then topped of a great day ( sarcasm ) by flat spotting  a front tyre.....to quote Ned Kelly    "such is life " ...lol

Yes was a good day. Weather was perfect for racing. Shame about the greasy track I am sure you can better that time with a cleaner road surface Gordo. Good to catch up again Peter. Steve I hope the repairs are quick, easy and cheap. There is nothing worse than seeing guys damaging their pride and joy. It can put you off the track days.

That GTR was pretty damn quick. Fun day out and my boys had a ball watching.

Cheers Craig.