Other collectible Japanese Vehicles

Scoota G

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a similar question few days ago as i started to look for new cheap daily to downgrade too from my daily

Few cars that ticked the following boxes for me.

Rear wheel drive

Sporty or cool looking

Did i say cheap and drivable sub 3k that needs little bit of work.

Cars that popped up ready to buy: price range for these from 1.3 to 3k

Rx7 s2 man

Sprinter ae86

260z 2+2

Ra28 celica mustang

Ta22 celica

1200 coupe

Stanza (4 door  ???)

Capella ( 4 door  ???)

Corolla coupe

Im checking few of these during the week.

Do have a dilema some are quite cool and rare these days so choosing one wont be easy.

Though im still biased towards the 260z and have lots of spares already.

Any thoughts?

• Administrators

I had a similar question few days ago as i started to look for new cheap daily to downgrade too from my r34.

Few cars thats ticked the following boxes for me.

Rear wheel drive

Sporty or cool looking

Did i say cheap and drivable sub 3k that needs little bit of work.

Cars that poped up ready too buy: price range for these from 1.3 to 3k

Rx7 s2 man

Sprinter ae86

260z 2+2

Ra28 celica mustang

Ta22 celica

1200 coupe

Stanza

Capella

Corolla coupe

Im checking few of these during the week.

Do have a dilema some are quite cool and rare these days so choosing one wont be easy.

Though im still biased towards the 260z and have lots of spares allready.

Any thoughts?

Seeing as you already have so many Z's :) I'll list in following order of what I would go for...

Rx7 s2 man

Ta22 celica

260z 2+2

Capella (RX2?)

Sprinter ae86

1200 coupe

Ra28 celica mustang

Stanza

Corolla coupe (Depends on type of Corolla Coupe) KEXX?

• Administrators

By the way I'm biased but I love my rotors, they are relatively easy to work on, especially the early ones. Easy to extract more power too, carby upgrade + good exhaust system. If you want you can pull it apart and give it a bridge port brap brap brap.

I have a jackaroo 4wd you can have for free ;)

Cheers for the offer but it doesnt tick any of my boxes besides made in japan. ;D gumtree it. You sell it in no time.

Gav shhhhhhhhhhh..... You and your damn rotas

Check few of the cars allready and heart is set on one.

Managed to get a even better price. Sometimes "firm" means make an offer go figure.  :P

All I can say its not a Z....... Childhood dream fullfiled after 30yrs seing one for first time on shop floor brand spanking new, begging my old man to buy it so I can be driven in it.

Still remember the day like was yesterday........damn cars scared me for life.

I must apologize for my first comment about wanting to crush the green Corona.....its just parts of my childhood revolved around a 77 model white corona with brown interior....they werent fond memories  :P

in the early 80's our family went thru a celica phase....my sister had a RA40 1980 factory black liftback with factory sunroof & cheviot hotwires, when she finally let me drive it to school latter on, I was king for a month !!

I also think that 1985 GSR cordia turbo's in semi-original condition are a hidden gem.

Ahh that's the C210 Skyline. Not interested sorry. ;)

Although if anyone knows of a decent Datsun 240k Coupe or a 1977 Celica ra28 fastback for sale, let me know. Have cash waiting.  :)

Jackaroo's are made in Japan Johny. They are known as Isuzu troopers in every other country.

Hey Mick, yeah I know they isuzu. I did say doesn't tick any of the boxes BESIDES made in japan  ;D

So AE86? From your list, I think that's all that matches brand new ~30 years ago and not a rotary...

bzzzzzz wrong. year was 1981. I remember it clearly like was yesterday. sitting on a tilt ramp in the middle of the yard. Bright yellow with full optioned body kit and alloys. it was the hottest car in the yard.

I remember circling around it and imagining my dad cruising in it with me in passenger seat. I was running around him begging: "Dad dad buy that car" hmm he never did  :'(. i was sucker for sharp lines and pop up headlights.

should be a give away now.

Ahh that's the C210 Skyline. Not interested sorry. ;)

Although if anyone knows of a decent Datsun 240k Coupe or a 1977 Celica ra28 fastback for sale, let me know. Have cash waiting.  :)

mate this what i was going to check out next but didn't want to spend 3K though Plus got a good deal on the car I bought. If you want me to check it out for you I probably can. Just shoot me a pm if interested.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/semaphore/cars/1977-toyota-ra-28-celica-fastback/1002726098

other cars i was considering for their specialty

yeah

cordia turbo GSR is understated. good car but don't like FWD

Holden/ISUZU (too keep mick happy) Piazza Turbo (EFI RWD and TURBO YAY)

Mitsubishi Starion ( same as above and rare as rocking horse droppings expecialy later model with aero kit)

Another holden/isuzu gemini coupe

Any of the 2 door corrola's

early celicas TA22 TA23 RA23 and R28

Mitsubishi Possibly starion/sigma turbo but later don't fall in my category as its got 4 doors.

Pulsar ET turbo (with stock kit) rare as and crazy little car. also N12 Exa turbos expecialy the later models. pitty FWD

Silvias S13  abused to buggery atm. Hard to find a nice one

200ZR Z31

Z32 300zx TT  2 seater same as S13 atm.  cheap and thrashed out good ones hard to find.

Used to like 240k the one Retro Z is asking for, but lately been put of by it. they not a really nice looking car unless you going to spend big $$$ making a GTR replica. That's my opinion anyway

to me celicas (even i don't like toyota brand) are tuff looking car. it looks good on the outside and on the inside.

same goes for RX4/ 929 Coupe and RX3, RX2 but we know they are quite hard and exy to get.

enjoy hunting guys good to see we all looking outside the Z box every now and than.

Im all for trying other cars but we all know we keep the Z in the special place where no other car can replace.

Thanks RB26DETT I'll gjve the 240k guy a call and see if i can strike a deal.

And Johnny appreciate the help man..i will also give the Celica guy a call and if i need your help ill PM you and swing you some cash for your troubles.

Looking to buy both these models to store away for a rainy day after my Z's finished and start my own little jap classic collection ;D

• Administrators

Retro Z, the 240k coupe you were bidding on eBay for is now listed on gumtree.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/caboolture-area/cars/1974-datsun-240k-coupe/1004255480

Add should read, has been in family backyard for 15 years :).

Add should read, has been in family backyard for 15 years :).

Yeah that car has been on and off ebay for like 2 years. I remember as i have bidded on it unsucessfully 3 times now. It looks decent but cant seem to figure out why the sales always fall through..my guess is its hiding something sinister. The same photos were used in the ad from last year too. Wonder what it really looks like now. ???

And Johnny appreciate the help man..i will also give the Celica guy a call

Looking to buy both these models to store away for a rainy day after my Z's finished and start my own little jap classic collection ;D

No probs.

Haha i like your thinking. Was thinking the same.

Peeps if you have the cash and space now is the time to buy these hiding classics.

And keep an eye for a clean example of the future classics.

Like i said before keep an eye for s13 rps13 z32 and r32 r33 gtr. These are droping in price and getting destroyed at incredible rate. soon to be followed by s14,s15 and r34.