Sign in to follow this  
s301972usa

US 240 owner looking for amber taillights- has lots of spares,etc

I'm really interested in putting the amber taillights on my 72 240Z. I have a good amount of 240 spare parts here in the US I would be willing to trade/? for a set of taillights. Any help would be appreciated.  jve871@yahoo.com

Hey Bud,

Have you tried www.datsunrestore.com they are in the US, and have the amber lights, reproduction though...Cheers.

I have seen that they making repros now, but I'd prefer the real thing if I can find them. BTW- has anybody ever taken apart a taillight on a 240Z? I'm afraid I would break the moulding piece or worse the casing! If it's been done, let me know what you did. Thanks

Yes I have taken the tail lights apart to tidy mine up.

Take the wire/loom off.

Then place the whole thing in a bucket of hot water (NOT boiling), this losens the glue/gasket, leave this in for 10-15min.

Then spray some type of silicon spray around the lense only as a precaution,so as to not cracking the lense.

Then use either a hard plastic or flat head screw driver and seperate the lense form the backing. The chrome plastic strip has 3 clips...be careful as the plastic can break easily.

When you put back together us the same type of bonding tape.

Hope this helps.

on this topic, I havent been able to find any for either 1600 or zed, but im still looking.  I found someone with 1600 tail lights, but they are jap spec and i believe you have to change the rear panel to put them in.