L28 turbo engine for sale

Got my l28 turbo engine up for sale runs perfect running 6psi t28 turbo  p90 head and turbo bottom end with a big cam

With a spare turbo to go with it because it dose need to be changed out small oil leak on the turbo

New one has Zero issues but the car still runs fine Engine is still in the car atm till i got a decent offer

so u can see it running starts first time every time

Running a Lt10 brand new mirotech engine has only done 3000k max

all fab work was done perfect intercooler pipes and fuel injection

they new ecu alone is 1000 by its self bucks right there will be selling on its own only things need to be done are

New clutch sorta slips sometimes and change out that turbo which i have allready

and a tune got around 232hp willl have 300 easy if u push it 10 psi which the engine can do Very very easy allmost instant boost with the 2.8L

9q8w0z.jpg

28vudzl.jpg

im up for offers atm but take in mind the ecu is brand new and not alot of work needs to be done for a very tidy and quick engine

any question pm me or phone thanks 0439 809 483

ben

post-1643-144023678936_thumb.jpg

post-1643-144023678943_thumb.jpg

What injectors did you end up putting in it?

New or second hand?

I see it is still fitted with the small port L20A intake plenum, along with the small port L20A cast iron exhaust manifold. ( not L28T)

Did you end up getting any dyno sheets for it? Should have reasonable mid range.

Purchaser may be interested to see those!

vlturbo injectors and brand new yes

No dyno sheet cause i said above needs to be tuned

im sure people that know these engines know what there looking at

few guys saw it at jap day today :) and im sure they allready knew it

good power down low all the way to the top now just mid

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Navan,

What other mods have been done apart from injectors, turbo, intecooler and efi?

Ported head? Low compression pistons?

What do you mean the engine needs to be tuned? Is it pinging or flat spots?

I am very keen due to Tax returns, only if the price/deal is right.

Kind Regards

Edited by 53-681
Privacy

Hey Navan,

What other mods have been done apart from injectors, turbo, intecooler and efi?

Ported head? Low compression pistons?

What do you mean the engine needs to be tuned? Is it pinging or flat spots?

I am very keen due to Tax returns, only if the price/deal is right.

Kind Regards,

Sam Gungormez

I didnt need to change the pistons and ect cause it was allready the turbo engine

Its over fueling running rich so thats why it would need a tune not for any other reason

On 7/6/2012 at 9:02 AM, luvemfast said:

You can't drive this on P plates can you Sam?

Then you need to engineer it.

I'm not really fussed about P plates, just worried about engineer's certificate... How much do one of those cost and how much would it cost for mechanic to unmount existing engine and mount on this one???

Can't anyone volunteer to help out a little bit seeming as he's spent a million $$$ already and received nothing but poor performance and problems :(

Edited by 53-681
Privacy

Sam, you're in Melb, that engine is in Brisbane, getting it to you will be fun, and $$.

You shoulda spent your eleventy million dollaz with Peter Mac!

At least he is near you.

Grab that complete injection system off Lurch, than get on the hunt for a old MR 30 skyline turbo car, all you need is the cast iron exhaust manifold, and the turbo that will be attached will be a pos, ditch it and use one off a r33.

Dont stuff around with using the stock injectirs, whack in VL Commies, and you will have to run a aftermarket ECU.

This is what navanskline eventually did, but, the above engine has the stock intake system from a MR30 fitted, all very small ports and doesnt breath as well as a 280zx intake that Lurch has.

Why do all you guys just want to go fast in a straight line? Get the car to stop and turn properly first!

I can give you a hand on removing and installing. Mechanic would probably charge around $600-$800 out and in providing no mods to loom(excluding fluids)..its all essentially bolt in so you shouldn't be afraid to have a try yourself.

I also have a better efi manifold for sale on ebay at the moment.

As for engineers cert..i've approached several engineers who i happen to know well and they reckon i wont need a certificate for my L28et and that i could get it registered no problem as my car is pre-emissions 72 model. Just run it N/A through vicroads if needbe. As apparently the engine number itself doesnt identify it being turbo or not.

Otherwise $800-$1000 is the going rate for a cert and would require 280zx brakes minimum.

You are all correct to a certain degree, and because of this I am greeted with lots of options presented before me:

-Get Luch's EFI, hunt around for a good 6 months for the correct parts and pay top dollar for'em due to rarity, pay top dollar to fit it in

-Get Ben's L28ET, freight it down, get Tai to assist with installation, pay $500 extra to fit new turbo and tune engine

-Get 240Z airbox, paint it, etc, fit elec dizzy, correct camshaft and crankshaft timing and drive existing original engine (I'm tired of this idea as i've been to 2 mechanics and my engine is and has always been running like shit from day 1)

-Get Carby's and airbox from Al (A quarter of the price of Ben's L28ET), Get mechanic to fit it on, fit elec dizzy, correct camshaft and crankshaft timing.

-Don't get anything, no cost, extremely shit hiccups and flat spots when driving on a standard 80KMPH freeway, go home with a sore head thinking (I hate this f!@#$% car I just wanna part with it, but I know I won't get my money back in full or close, and I just won't be able to live with myself seeing some other muzza driving my car at night while i'm in a dodgy daewoo... It's like breaking up with your exotic japanese girlfriend only to see someone riding her hard every night and getting the thumbs up from others)

Just buy the L28et Sam. Cheap considering what it includes.

Bring it to my place and we'll do the swap. wont ask for a cent happy to help. I even drove to Vramjees house and entirely stripped his car just 2 weeks ago no charge. Happy to help and share my tools.

Some people are over thinking it. We can get it running sweet in a weekend. I'll get my brother to throw it on his dyno and tune it for you cheap.

Sell your l26 and parts. Re-coup some costs. Go get a stat dec and lodge a engine replacement form to vicroads. Done.

And if you decide to upgrade turbo and manifold later on or before engine install you can. The manifolds arent that hard to find. Heck ive got 3 in my garage one thats on ebay for $79 , T3 flanged turbo are plentiful and far from expensive.

Even Freddy from Topstage is going over to l28et after going the whole triple carb and cams thing.

Your choice mate. Go with what you really want from the start.

How much for freight Ben?

What do you say $1900 shipped down her to melb without gearbox?

Actually, what condition was the gearbox attached to the engine in Ben?

Does anyone here know whether a stock L26 gearbox will suit the L28ET?

Kind Regards

Edited by 53-681
Privacy