Lurch

2013 Nissan Datsun Nationals

fastest 4 6 8 and overall fastest zed time grand champ , we have to go faster than  Kev , 1.38 at the island

Who is Kev? Anyway that is too quick so I vote to ban Kev  :P

Biting the bullet and am getting a tow car, FG Falcon probably, plus a trailer. Want to go to Eastern Creek and Bathurst some time too. Thought about hiring a tow vehicle setup which would be the second choice. You?

Don't know I would like to give the L34 a run at the island though. It's a big drive even with a tow car I might just get it shipped down and then fly to meet it. That way I have something to drive around down there too! Maybe if we got enough cars together we could book a whole truck out and get a good rate?

My mate gets his Ferrari 360 shipped around a bit and it's about to come over from WA so I'm going to hit him and see who he uses.

Good idea Jake, I'm sure there will be a few cars coming from QLD, be interesting to see how much it would cost.

We can get them all dropped off at Les's for a last minute southern tune too haha!  ;D

I asked a perfectly reasonable question about which SuperSprint rules were likely to be used (so I can start getting my car sorted) and suddenly this has turned into a criticism of people chasing trophies.

IMO this is exactly the piss poor attitude regularly shown on these forums.  Any opportunity to have a crack at someone or go on a witch-hunt is enjoyed by many on here.  There are plenty of examples, the increasing engine torque thread which got heavily moderated, the number of times Peter Mac has threatened to never post again, etc.

It’s a sad reflection on all of us (as members of these forums) that this place is so harsh.

*Puts on Flame-suit*

Flame away and prove me right.  ;)

Bede, and others, and most of you will have little idea, but, not surprisingly, the "rules" and the classes, for each of the Nationals that have been run for the last dozen or so years , get changed, they evolve into what each year event organiser feels and thinks will be best fit, to suit the huge array of potential cars that may turn up.

To adopt a particular Australian State Super Sprint series class rules, can be too limiting, due to our specific car types, ie in , say,  a CAMS Sports cars 2B class 2000 to 3500cc the field will be huge!

In 2009 the Qld mob semi adopted the previous Nationals classes, combined a bit of generic SuperSprint classes, and then whacked in some extras.

The idea there was to have just a handfull in each and every class, so that pretty well everyone got to take home a bit of shiny plastic/wood/tin/glass. Of the 80 or so at the track day, some 30 awards were made, and at the show shine, of 170 cars, some 20 awards were given out.

There were many happy people.

Come 2013, the organisers will no doubt evolve and come up with a structure, but, dont expect to be advised as to what and how in the short term. Qld hadnt set theirs until two months pre event!

To run a Nats, there is a whole heap of stuff to be dine, and it pretty much is all done by a very small core group of volunteer enthusiasts, so, dont panic, no doubt they will come up with something!

Jason, I'm happy to wait for the Categories/Classes (and I certainly understand why I have to wait and the effort put in by organisers), I'm just disappointed with the reaction on here to me asking the question...

What's wrong with chasing trophies?  ;D

Sounds like a comment from someone with a slow car hahaha! (Not you Dazda)

Bede,,, hmm yes, i see what you did there !!!

Yes you are pretty spot on re the Keyboard Warrior type, a far cry from when Shintaro was roaming the wastelands of Edo, with his Samurai buddies, no hiding behind the flatscreen then, it was balls deep, as they jumped upwards and backwards to hide in a room corner, waiting for Ninja moment.

Todayit would seem that on odd occaision we fly the USS Keyboard, and sprout forth.

Take it with a grain of salt, thats all we can do.

You think this site has a few on here, well, dont think of heading over to Performance Forums, they gearbox everyone!

See Dazda..... Now you've sent Jason off on one of his Yoda type resonses. Yoda or drugs..... can't be sure  ;D

But,

I dare say, common sense will prevail. As Jason said, 2,000cc - 3,500cc just wont work. Then theres modern and classic, let alone forced induction.

Set your car up to how you want it. Cos at the end of the day, we're there to have fun!

Ah, Simon!

You forgot my preffered brew

AVGAS !!

I decanted the tank in the 120Y this morning!

3/4" jiggler siphon and three x 20 lt drums later,,,,

Hows the song go,,

"i'm walking on sunshine,,,,,,,"

I don't care what the classes are, my car is already built and I'm just looking forward to the Nationals thing and trying to do good laps around Phillip Island  :D

Oh and Jase, I still have 10 litres of the old high lead dark green Avgas tucked away in the shed, I'll bring it with me along with a couple of old 62's for the 'Y

Hey guys

What is accommodation like down that way, Never actually been to

Phillip island and i am really considering bringing the Z over

Cheers

Paul

I probably not even going to bother with the track day - I'll do the Nav run instead :)

8 Months to go, this thread is going to get a beating, how many hits will it get befor the Nationals get under way?

All the lovely accomodation places realise it is a long weekend, and ramp up prices. When the V8's and the bikes are on, they triple room rates.

The All Seasons Eco Tourist Resort has a few multi bedroom units, good way to share costs, another place in Ventnor, Alvina Cottages has same multi bedroom cottages.

Didn't Gav mention his mum bought a place down there to rent out?

How many blokes and Z's can it fit?

Yep, she just bought a place for renting out so if you guys are interested drop me an email gavindoolan (at) gmail dot com and will see if we can organise something for you. Not sure how many people it would hold or how many cars, but I recall a double lock up garage in pics (could be wrong!) and a driveway.

I'm not sure if it's ready for rent just yet but by the Nationals it should be anyway. Will see what I can do about getting a good price for you guys also.

I'm driving my ass down from Canberra, probly towing it down, a long way to go if I break it lol.  Can't wait.

Canberrans, keep an eye on our section of the forums, I'll be posting soonish about a good accommodation deal

I'll do the drive down from the Gold Coast, it's a decent run but it's going to be worth it.

Fkn pumped to drive the Island and meet up with you southerners.

As for trophys, as long as I win the "wtf is this guy doing?!" award I'm happy.