2013 Nissan Datsun Nationals

C.A.R.

Coming on to the front straight. Tom lost control, from dropping off the right hand side of the track, then over steering into the tyres on the left side of track.

Car is pretty much gone.  :'(

Unable to attend the PI meet this year but being there in spirit I've been checking lap times on natsoft to see how they compare to our 07 times but natsoft don't report incidents.

http://racing.natsoft.com.au/635919694/object_29388480.93G/View?20

My feeling of envy at you guys having a ball on the track has evaporated and I'm feeling pretty crook just looking at those pics especially being at the tail end of rebuilding a blue Zed track car :(

I guess we all know and accept the risks involved in putting our cars on race tracks but tend to believe that because we're good drivers crashes will only happen to other people and not us but that's not always how it goes and the next off I have into a sold object sadly won't be the first.

I love the PI track and that corner but I've got the entry wrong and have been thrown to the out side edge, it sucks you in like a magnet, I must have been going slower than Tom when it happened to me coz fortunately I got out of it ok.

I hope the car's not terminally damaged and is back in action soon.

Dad

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it was.

BUT IF ONE MORE PERSON APPROACHES ME AND CALLS ME LURCH OR LOCKY. I'M GOING TO PUNCH THEM IN THE NOSE AND TELL THEM TO GET SOME FEM FRESH!!!!

ROFL!!!

Nice to know I'm so popular...!

It was good to walk around and have a geeze at everyone's cars at PI on Saturday. If I didn't say hello that's probably because I didn't see you! Next time I will be out there...

That bright orange 240Z from Qld (I think it's plates said ZED-16 or something) sounded almost like a Porsche at full noise, I wonder what headers and exhaust it's running?

That bright orange 240Z from Qld (I think it's plates said ZED-16 or something) sounded almost like a Porsche at full noise, I wonder what headers and exhaust it's running?

THAT car is chassis number 16!

Running standard RB26DETT

Was probs my fav car there. Didn't hear it though as it was in my group. But never saw it cos I'm soooooooooo fast  ::)

THAT car is chassis number 16!

Running standard RB26DETT

Was probs my fav car there. Didn't hear it though as it was in my group. But never saw it cos I'm soooooooooo fast  ::)

Is that Orange Z the one that used to belong to the 'late' Aiden from nsw? Seen his car a few years back in the flesh and looks very similar

Couldn't get there this weekend and just got home from family camping trip so thought I would get my Z fix and check what happend at PI........ first thread I open and first thing I see is Tom's car. Don't want to dwell on it but need to say how bad I feel for Tom. F*#k!

Not only was the silver zed great its owner was a top bloke had a great time with the him and his brother last night at the dinner , top car boys well done

also well done to Gordo , great drive by you and that car ,  fastest NA car

also Gareth 1.54 top time mate

Sorry Locky but i let "The Barry Incident" slip to Craig and the SA boys. I'm sorry if it caused you any pain or confusion at the time but i had a go at him the next day. No one should have to go through that.

Wut?

Wow , what a great weekend. A big thanks to the NDSOC and all the committee for putting in months of preparation in organising this fantastic Event. Bringing all Nissan and Datsun people together , meeting great people. Congratulations to all the trophie winners at the sprint and Concource. Fantastic cars, everywhere you looked.

I would have done at least 20 walks up and down the show and shine, for me the highlight of the weekend.

And a big thanks to Peter Mc and Less for building me an engine that's bullet proof. Had a ball on the Track.      Cheers Guys.

• Moderators

After reading the posts from the weekend I am really wishing I could have made it, sounds like a great weekend was had by most.

I will be at the next one.

PB

Well, all you lot had better put April 2015 into your calenders!

Three days of track based events, show and shine, Night Drags (1/8th mile) Country drive, dinners etc, all at Queenslands Morgan Park Raceway

( two hours closer to Melbourne than Brisbane city !)

What car to bring, mmmmm, oh yes, a 120Y, of course!

Well I can't get past the sound the Peter Mcs zed was making I could listen to that thing all day long!!! Had a sound of its own. 8)

Thanks mate, but I dont think I did it justice.

I drove shiver all day - found out today why the rear aliment was out so far - I dont know how I messed it up so bad.

It felt like it was trying to kill me, lol.

It was the hardest I have ever tried to keep a  car on a track.

Oh well, I will sort it out to try and catch Gordo lol - man he is fast...!