FS: R200 Long Nose LSD

Scando

I bought a long nose R200 LSD off ebay recently and when I got it I found out it was a viscous LSD.  I really need a mechanical one so I'm trying to sell it.  It all looks to be in good condition.  I bought it for $800 but I am willing to lose a bit on it to sell it.  Make me an offer if you're interested.

its using a liquid instead of mechanical plates which i assume "break away" at a certain friction point? which i would of thought would wear out eventually? where the liquid can't really change its properties?

from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_slip_differential

"The viscous type ...relies on the properties of a dilatant fluid - that is, one which thickens when subject to shear."

ohhh i read further down :D

"Viscous LSDs are less efficient than mechanical types, that is, they "lose" some power. They do not stand up well to abuse, particularly any sustained load which overheats the silicone results in sudden permanent loss of the LSD effect"

scando i love the colour of your car, is it the ford colour? if not how close is it would you say?

Viscous LSD's are standard issue in most silvias, skylines, WRX's, etc so they can't be too bad.  The problem with them is that when they're put under extreeme stress for long periods of time the fluid overheats and they stop working.  To do this you have to do many laps of a race track on slick or semi-slick tyres.  Most street tyres don't generate enough grip to overheat them.  A few guys that I race against who have skylines still run them and have had no trouble with them running on semi-slicks.  I think the reason they're standard in lots of cars is because the action isn't as harsh as a mechnical LSD and they never get hot enough to cause problems in street driving.

I'll try to get some pics on the weekend and post up.

It is the Ford colour Zedevan.  I think it's called "Toxic Green".  The guy that originally did the car up used an XW GT Falcon Colour.  I think it was slightly more yellow than the Toxic Green but it definately looks better now than it did before.

the real problem with VLSD's are that they have a special type of input shaft(one is about 1-1.5" longer than the other) and none others can be used.....this poses a problem when trying to match them up to half shafts-but that is a whole 'nother can of worms

lsd R200 out of an early 300zx turbo is the easiest solution.....hence the rarity of these items :'(

good luck with it

• 2 weeks later...