"The Midnight warrior"

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woweez Vivek! I gotta come check this out some time! I remember right back to when you had the 2+2. You've certainly cained me on the progress front, and what an amazing car you've now got! I gotta keep welding!

Pop over when ever. You know where I live.... Hahaha

Your is coming along well!

Guys:

Progress has been coming along slowly.

I currently have the L26 running well, but have a electronic dizzy coming to hopefully make it run smoother.

I am currently working on the Inside, and have managed to get all the electrics working and interior dash lights, with the exception of the headlights. I reckon it has something to do with the stalk, cause the light switch does a full 360. Not sure how to fix this.

Still deciding on what to do with the Dash, and console area. Open to suggestions. It currently is cracked and no good.

I have the MSA seatbelts to install this weekend. Hopefully it goes all well.

I agree on the seats, miles better than the old ones. Your seat bracket is held down by more than two bolts though right?

With the dash, just buy the one from the black race car that is for sale on here at the moment and put a shift light in the hole between the gauges, done!

With the dash, just buy the one from the black race car that is for sale on here at the moment and put a shift light in the hole between the gauges, done!

I already bought it a few days ago. Sorry Vivek.

Dash doctor on Sydney rd should be able to reskin it. They quoted me $550 and my dash is worse than yours

I agree on the seats, miles better than the old ones. Your seat bracket is held down by more than two bolts though right?

Hahaha yeh. they are held in with 4 bolts all up. 2 in the front and 2 in the rear. Just hadn't drilled them in yet.

I was thinking that, however its all the way over in QLD, and would be around 100 bucks to ship. Might as well get my covered for 550....

I really like this dash. Might splurge later on...

post-3315-144023756036_thumb.jpg

I already bought it a few days ago. Sorry Vivek.

Dash doctor on Sydney rd should be able to reskin it. They quoted me $550 and my dash is worse than yours

Oh well there you go.... How much was postage Tai?

It was $43 door to door with e-go. I was suprised too.

Your car is an inspiration Viv. I will swing by for a catchup sometime soon

Aw miss out!

Yeh man, pop over when ever!

I was thinking that, however its all the way over in QLD, and would be around 100 bucks to ship.

Says the guy who bought a not running 240z from QLD haha.

• Administrators

Why do you need a new dashboard? If you're looking to save some coin, have you seen the D.I.Y repair jobs?

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/interior-s30/23919-dash-repair-process-pictures.html

I am considering giving it a go because when you re-skin a dash you loose some of the definition of the gauge pod edges. Also the re-skin means the gauges are harder to fit in due to thicker material.

For what it's worth I bought a second hand re-skinned dashboard so I have that option, but I'm going to give this method an attempt and put them side by side so people can compare them and see what they think.

I repaired my center console and I'm really happy with the way it turned out and I saw another member (skipz) did the same on his console and it looks really good, much better than the top-stage fiberglass reproduction he bought.

• 6 months later...