Riceburner

S30Z Literature Link, Speedhunters, Petrolicious, Jalopnik Etc..

That Hako looks great, thanks for posting potter260.

I like the angled headlights they look pretty tough.

Unsure about the intake trumpets though.

We could have gone to live in Cebu in the early 90's, but after a visit decided to go to Sydney for 5 years instead. Often wonder what the other fork in the road would have lead to?

Interesting artical about Tour de Cebu from petrolicious. A few photos of some Z cars, a very cool SAAB and some other historic autos.

I do like the Sonett!!!

Jeff

https://petrolicious.com/articles/the-tour-de-cebu-is-the-best-tropical-rally-you-havent-heard-of

Nice car. Glad to see the tail lights weren't backdated!

Funny reading him talk for a whole paragraph about liking the stock/original front end when it has a type 1 ducted air dam (or is that just the MSA name for them?) though.

That video of Dino revving the car.

Is a perfect example of what Triple 44's are like on these engines. (1:59 mark) and then onwards at (3:00 mark). You just don't get that experience with the SU's they tend to top out around 5,500rpm.

Spotted and bought this magazine at Books Kinokuniya near Town Hall today, seems to be a compilation of S30/S31 Fairlady Zs featured in the "G-Works" magazine.

Many cool pictures of modified Zs (L31 strokers, LY heads, TC24, S20s, HKS turbo setups, RB swaps), a lot of familiar cars from YouTube. Also has some articles on Weber vs Solex, Dellortos, the various differences between year models and specifications + engines and a lot more which I unfortunately can't read. Plus a heap of different Watanabe R-Types (with specs) on the various featured cars.

post-103666-0-24494600-1519374503_thumb.jpg

I would like a copy!

Just realised that my copy has "Machine" spelled correctly haha, same magazine though.

According to this site, it's a part 2 covering carburetors - which makes sense given some of the articles. There's a part 1 too from a few years ago, i'd like to get one too but the ebay sellers are charging a lot. http://www.jdmwhat.com/blog/the-best-240z-magazine/

It seems some of the little bits are recylced, i.e. in the first photo on that site you can see they are showing the difference between early girls, later 240Zs and 260Zs. Plus some bits later showing the tail lights. Those same photos appeared in different articles (or at least newly formatted pages/different other photos) in part 2.

Edited by brent012