Project Lucinda (Ford 302 V8 Cleveland conversion)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scoota !

Just had a look at the posts on this one

Nice project, but Lucinda ? I would have thought more Lucifa because it looks like it will be one hell of a ride and sound from the rear of it.

Cheers

John

Meh, i do what i can. Really want it ready for the BBQ this year. John, refer to the first build page which will explain the name of the vehicle.

More progress, the alternator is fitted from a VS V8 Statesman and has had the front cover changed to suit the ford motor. Fuel and brake lines are back on, Diff, Halfshafts and Tailshaft are in and exhaust has been fitted. Seeing as it came with the $200 conversion kit i bought i was expecting to have to modify it. Turns out it is one of the best fitting exhausts i have ever seen and just needs a rear muffler and tip to complete it. It fits really tight up to the underbody.

post-762-144023688917_thumb.jpg

post-762-144023688923_thumb.jpg

Chasing a few parts now. If anyone has an aftermarket manifold laying around for a cleveland (doubtful) i would snap it up. Oil relocation, spark and fuel are all that it needed to fire. Cleaned the valve train, exhaust is on for good and everything else is torqued to spec.

post-762-1440236891_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

You really know how to burst a bubble dont you Scoota LMAO

Here I am sitting on the edge waiting for the clip to load, start then stall, load some more and then, oh yeah this is all I can give you for the moment !

Looking forward to seeing it fire up.

Well today was a success, after timing issues we got her to fire and drive. Many thanks to Jordan, Katie, Connor, Dale, Rob, Simon ,Daryl, Kirsty, Josh and mum for being there. Special thank to Reverend Zed, Loui, Simon, Bozo and all the other members and friends that were there in spirit.

More to come !!